Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Tow Cap

Oliverb

When i get my Zetec S rear skirt, am i right in saying that i will need to get a different shaped tow cap/cover?
if so where can i get this please :) ??
and could i see pics of what shape i am looking for .....

THAAANNKKKKSS

I believe that this part comes in the box with the diffuser. At least that's what i get from the instructions Lenny posted on his guide.

Have a look at his topic.

Where will you get the item from?

I believe that this part comes in the box with the diffuser. At least that's what i get from the instructions Lenny posted on his guide.

Have a look at his topic.

Where will you get the item from?

Thanks for that ..

i am undecided to buy it new or second hand , second hand i could get it looking brand new...and the cost of new is crazy ...

I'll try to go for second hand when the time comes. In both cases you'll probably have to paint it again.

I am not sure however if you can easily find it second hand given that it is glued on the bumpers.

you could always go for a full bumper with the skirt attached. You can then sell your old bumper.

I will definitely consider it when i decide to start with that.

I'll try to go for second hand when the time comes. In both cases you'll probably have to paint it again.

I am not sure however if you can easily find it second hand given that it is glued on the bumpers.

Yeah I got the front skirt second hand with a split in and it's been filled and primed now looks brand new really impressed ! But yeah even brand new it will need to be sprayed anyway they only come primed usually...

I will get what ever I can for the best price with the rest of the bumper or not... Just when getting second hand is normally local pick up but never near myself !!!! Grrr

Yes you will need a new tow eye cover.

Unless your buying the kit then it comes with it. eBay will probably be your friend if your buying bits from here and there.....

• Like 1

Answering your original question, I believe that the finis code for this part is 1521653 (8M51 A17K922-BBXWAA) or 1517090 (8M5J A17K922-AA).

It should be cheap at your local dealer.

• Like 1

If you mean this part-

eye1517090.jpg

It is part number 1517090 and comes in primer only so would need colour matching.

If you mean this part-

eye1517090.jpg

It is part number 1517090 and comes in primer only so would need colour matching.

Thanks stoney :-) much appreciated...

So Clive just to clarify, the 1521653 (8M51 A17K922-BBXWAA) is for the standard version without the rear skirt?

i have now got my rear diffuser second hand which i am going to get re painted but the tow cap did not come with it ..
i have searched for the part but cant find it anywhere, what website should i use ??
how can i get one lol !!!

Thankssss..

A visual reference for you Oliver :-)

post-8771-0-17008800-1368692449_thumb.jp

A visual reference for you Oliver :-)

image.jpg

Thanks for that :-)