Zachayter

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Zach
  • Ford Model: Somerset
  • Year: 2001

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

I have yet to send my ecu off for repair, perhaps a remap might work, but then as stooge says it may happen again.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 beethoven

beethoven

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: Thierry
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci
  • Year: 2005

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

it'll probably happen again(but hope not for your sake) I had a corrupt pcm before & I did the same nearly. But as I wasnt finding the underlying problem that caused it,it came back within a few weeks. I never ever found out what caused it but an auto-sparky reckons water ingress(glorious ford again). here's hoping though eh lol

The stuttering suddenly began in May, when I started the topic. I drove around for quite some time with it, until I've had enough of it. I went to my tuner , David Daniels, aka Streetperformance Belgium, and talked about it with him.In order to solve the problem, he remapped the mondy, The stuttering was gone, but another problem came up.... <_<  :(

The acceleration was very good until about 3000 -3200 rpm's....3300rpm's and above....no torque at all and a lot of smoke :(

David thought the MAP sensor was bad ... I was looking for a new MAP sensor and found one, but not yet mounted him.

About a month ago, my wife and I took a day trip to Aachen. When we wanted to leave in the evening, the mondy did not start.
The first moment I thought: the startermotor is broken.
I called the breakdown service(? :( sorry if the word is wrong) and he tested the battery: Voltage ok, but insufficient starting power. A new battery, was his verdict :wacko: . Since battery-replacement, the problem of torque-absence/smoke has disappeared, so the MAP was not bad. And my thought is that the stuttering was also a result of a weak battery.  Possible?

#18 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

The stuttering suddenly began in May, when I started the topic. I drove around for quite some time with it, until I've had enough of it. I went to my tuner , David Daniels, aka Streetperformance Belgium, and talked about it with him.In order to solve the problem, he remapped the mondy, The stuttering was gone, but another problem came up.... <_<  :(

The acceleration was very good until about 3000 -3200 rpm's....3300rpm's and above....no torque at all and a lot of smoke :(

David thought the MAP sensor was bad ... I was looking for a new MAP sensor and found one, but not yet mounted him.

About a month ago, my wife and I took a day trip to Aachen. When we wanted to leave in the evening, the mondy did not start.
The first moment I thought: the startermotor is broken.
I called the breakdown service(? :( sorry if the word is wrong) and he tested the battery: Voltage ok, but insufficient starting power. A new battery, was his verdict :wacko: . Since battery-replacement, the problem of torque-absence/smoke has disappeared, so the MAP was not bad. And my thought is that the stuttering was also a result of a weak battery.  Possible?

Glad to hear you got it sorted - did you get dyno printouts of the power/ torque?

#19 beethoven

beethoven

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Sorry, no dyno-printouts :( .

But there is yet another modification coming, larger injectors, which give more flow, more turbo-boost and if that goes well, I promise: then a dyno-printout.

#20 stooge75

stooge75

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo tdci zetec

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

is your turbo electrically operated?

#21 beethoven

beethoven

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Sorry for the late answer:

Yup, he is.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users