Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random Dashboard Beeping?

Jon-lee

Ive just bought a 2005 mk2 focus to which the previous owner has fitted aftermarket seats and i keep getting a random beeping noise from the dashboard every few mins but not accompanied by any warning lights. Strangely the beeping only happens the first 45 mins of driving and then stops. Could this be something to do with the standard seat wiring not being connected? Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Any help will be much appreciated.

Seat belt sensor is one prospect. Otherwise could be a wiring short.

You don't have a obd connector plugged in do you?

I dont have one connected but ive just noticed there is no seatbelt warning light even if the seat belt is unplugged (should there be?), it still has standard belts fitted but im not sure if the connectors are in the right plugs any idea of where they should be?

the belt holder is the sensor that shuts off the alarm check the bulbs in the dash with the dash trick. iit could be just the bulbs gone...

• 6 years later...

Hi Lucas

I see you have a 2007 Focus if this  still has the original seats it has been said that muck and debris in the seat belt socket can stop the sensors working properly

49 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:

Hi Lucas

I see you have a 2007 Focus if this  still has the original seats it has been said that muck and debris in the seat belt socket can stop the sensors working properly

U mean I have to clean the socket? The seatbelt sign doesn’t come up. And the beep when I take the seatbelt off is really different

Give the sockets a clean and see if it makes a difference

In my case is the airbag light that doesn’t come up. 

If I just replace the bulb it will work? Or is a more serious problem. 

I have a dab checker and it didn’t come if any error codes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club