Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drum Brake Paint/rust Prevention

iNVADER84

As ones focus Ecoboost features drums at the back and they are prone to discolouration and rust I'd like to coat them in black paint or some other treatment to prevent them from looking bad. Thankfully, I have the standard titanium x 12-spokes which obscures them enough but would like to seal them for peace of mind.

Any suggestions/experience with this sort of thing?

just give them a good clean and paint them with calliper paint or a smooth hammerite will look good and do the job

• Like 1

What would be the best way to clean them? Do I need to run then down with an abrasive first or some brake cleaner?

• Like 1

i used a wire brush then a bit of brake cleaner as i was doing calippers so had it all there but dont think you need the brake cleaners as much on the drums as you do for the discs

• Like 1

i used a wire brush then a bit of brake cleaner as i was doing calippers so had it all there but dont think you need the brake cleaners as much on the drums as you do for the discs

+1

I used a wire brush to clean up the drums followed by wiping clean using an old sock and water,

Then with another old sock and petrol.

Give it 10 minutes to dry off.

Followed by coating with hammerite smooth finish paint.

I used silver but black is good too.