Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Awful Driving

BeccaaCat

A splendid example of **** driving this morning at some 4-way temporary lights.

You'll have to ignore the speed shown in the images from my video camera as the GPS speed readout tends to lags by about 10 seconds, but the maximum speed of the queue was around 15 mph.

Lights change to amber which means STOP behind the stop line unless you've already crossed the stop line (the sign marks that point) or it would cause an accident to stop studdenly; so the black BMW carries on, but it's not the object of our attention.

Redhill Rd 20130515 081503

The light has now turned red which means STOP behind the stop line.

Redhill Rd 20130515 081506

Now the object of our attention appears :-

Redhill Rd 20130515 081508

The grey Seat (reg. GJZ8762) accelerates from behind me, overtakes, goes straight on and then has to brake heavily to avoid tail-ending the BMW :o :o

So how many road traffic violations does that garner ?

1. Failing to stop at a red light.
  2. Driving without due care and attention.
    Clearly failed to see/ignored red traffic signal.
  3. Dangerous driving.
    Accelerating around stopped traffic and almost rear-ending the BMW..
  4. Driving with consideration of other road users.
    I hope everyone spotted the school crossing patrol on the left just prior to the junction.

Question for Clive (Stoney871); did I miss anything ?

Driving with consideration of other road users. (or without as you probably meant to say) would come under without due care.

Perhaps failure to observe traffic management, (red light).

Would have been better still if he was on his mobile playing angry birds :p

I rang up 101 yesterday over a ton of bad drivers, the M60 was shut due to a bad accident, and an ambulance was trying to get up the hard shoulder, to find it was blocked completely by pee ants trying to whip off at the junction. 5 minutes later they were being moved on to the grass and booked lol.

A great man once said - "Let those that are without sin cast the first stone"

You all must of made mistakes at one point or another, or gone a teeny- weeny bit over the speed limit etc? -

Apart from me, as my driving is perfect :lol:

My driving is perfect, I leave 0.4 car lengths between me and the car in front, slow down gently using the brakes and gears within a 7m distance, manouver-signal-mirror at every corner; all whislt playing Angry Birds.

You never finished-

My driving is perfect, I leave 0.4 car lengths between me and the car in front, slow down gently using the brakes and gears within a 7m distance, manouver-signal-mirror at every corner; all whislt playing Angry Birds.

....and while on the phone to the wife, eating a cream bun, rolling a cigarette, shaving, writing a text and having a conversation with the girlfriend in the car........... :lol:

This thread has reminded me of a cartoon I recently saw in the Police Oracle I subscribe to-

cartoon_315.jpg

B1g_dav3 playing angry birds 0=] lol

I rang up 101 yesterday over a ton of bad drivers, the M60 was shut due to a bad accident, and an ambulance was trying to get up the hard shoulder, to find it was blocked completely by pee ants trying to whip off at the junction. 5 minutes later they were being moved on to the grass and booked lol.

I've once or twice seen driving so bad I've thought that should really be reported and stopped before theres a crash/death - so would 101 be the people to report it too? (via the handsfree bluetooth and voice commands obviously!) :)

Unless it's an emergency, e.g. drunk drivers or a serious incident then 101 is the best number to use (but definitely 999/112 if there is an imminent threat to life/safety).

I think 101 is great personally and use it whenever I see something that ideally wants reporting, usually dead animals on the motorway lol.

I have used 101 on many ocassions, following a seriously bad or stupid driver, I have guided the police to their doorstep on ocassions.

Only once though have I had to use 999 to report a seriosly bad driver, and in that instance I was following and directing to the point I had boys with blue lights at the back of my car, I was patched through to them giving them a full blow by blow. They asked me to sit there so they didnt alert him then when they were ready, they asked me to sit behind him, and they were all going to undertake me, then one would pull their car in between us and I could move carefully to the inside lane and passed.

Seems that I flagged them to not only a complete fist, but a locally wanted complete fist who jumped bail...

I got some appreciation there when the bobbies called me back later and thanked me for it, and told me about it :D

Nice job indeed.

Jeeb the bounty hunter. ;)

DawgtheBountyHunter2.jpg

• Like 1

between a paramedic and traffic cop I am torn :p lol, I can already drive like a traffic cop, I just dont have permission to do so!

Nice job indeed.

Jeeb the bounty hunter. ;)

DawgtheBountyHunter2.jpg

Respect my autharitah!

Don't forget the rest of the team-

Screen_shot_2010-08-17_at_7.15.40_PM.png

(not a picture of my missus at all ;))

And of course my early years-

respect-my-authority.jpeg

• Like 1

lol, that pic didnt work so well!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club