Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Ls Rns Sat Nav

Malcg

Hi i just bought this focus and trying to get to grips with voice dialling.

When i try to call a number it says directory empty,although i can see

my phonebook on the nav screen.I am paired with the htc one x,is this a prob with the phone.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers Malc.

I think we might have the same problem here Malcolm!

I have the Ford/Sony 4.2" display DAB, satnav etc system on my Tit X and it seems to work fine in all respects apart from being unable to access the phonebook on my Samsung Galaxy S 2. It pairs ok and will dial out by using either the numerics on the car unit or by voice activation ie speaking out the numbers but the word 'Phonebook' on the car screen whilst visible, is greyed out and inactive.

I have determined that it is NOT the fault of the Sony as I have successfully paired three other phones which do allow their phonebook to be accessed.

My problem is that I've yet to find a way to prevent the Samsung blocking the Sony from reading that data.

As a first step, unless you have already tried it, have a go at pairing a different mobile phone - at least by doing that you might be able to more accurately pinpoint where the problem lies but for a solution - I'm stuck! My guess is that one of the basic phone settings needs to be altered or, I have an app on the Samsung that's preventing access.

I'll be very interested to see where this thread goes!

Good luck!

Hi i just bought this focus and trying to get to grips with voice dialling.

When i try to call a number it says directory empty,although i can see

my phonebook on the nav screen.I am paired with the htc one x,is this a prob with the phone.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers Malc.

Malcg

It's probably because to voice dial you have to store names , push voice button "storename" , name please , "say name" repeat please , " say name , then Number , say "zero not O or nought" , speak clear and with out and breaks while speaking the number.

Say Store at the end.

I think you can store 10 numbers. in the main directory

"Dial NAME" will then call that number if paired with your phone.

There is an FX PDF manual in my signature below for download.

The numbers in your phone list you can scroll up and down and select OK to Dial , these are not dialable through voice

Nigel

Is your S2 Firmware up to date?

and

Have you installed the latest Radio Firmware?

Hi,thanks for the responses.i have tried the store name/number and now says

not possible when i speak the name.

Cheers Malc.

Follow what preee suggested & new firmware for my phone (Samsung galaxy ) & everything seems fine now when bluetoothed to my car thxs preeee

Nigel

Is your S2 Firmware up to date?

and

Have you installed the latest Radio Firmware?

Thanks for those comments re the need to ensure that the firmware is up to date; what I maybe should have mentioned is that I had the Ford Dealership look at this problem - I even left my phone with them when the car was serviced last month and they could not work out what was going wrong having checked that the Ford soft/firmware is as current spec.

I've also made sure that the Samsung GS2 is using the latest version; so, apart from doing a factory re-set, and I really don't fancy doing that, I'm at a loss as to what to do now; I'm not desperate enough to pay Virgin £400 + to settle the contract before the due date and then get another phone!

Another side issue to this is the lack of any decent Owners Manual for the Sony; Ford's Handbook that came with the car is only a little bit better than useless for operating the Sony unit - I've contacted them [sony] and described as well as I can what piece of equipment we are talking about but they insist on knowing what is its model/serial number! I don't know! It's probably hidden away on the back of the unit, buried it the middle of the dashboard!

Can anyone help me with a description any better than that it is the "Ford/Sony 4.2" display DAB radio, satnav, CD player' ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club