Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lost Key....

mondeo man

lost my remote key to my mk3 mondeo I've got the blue chipped key so I can still get in and out and start etc..but being the lazy sod that I am ..i'm after a new remote key...now do I have to go to ford and pay they're price's..? as I can find remote key cases on eBay but that's all they are...case's...also I've got a ob2 error code reader can I use that to reset the new key..?? :wacko::mellow: :)

You'll find that even if you have the ability to self programme keys (which was removed by Ford at some point anyway) you would need both keys to enable the programming mode.

As you only now have one key the two options are to either go to an auto locksmith or Ford.

Ford will charge the earth for a new key and charge labour too.

A locksmith would tend to supply non remote keys but if you buy a new blank key with the immobiliser chip and rcl circuit they are usually pretty happy to cut and code it for you using an IDS unit.

ok..thanks for the reply....was hoping as we all do for a cheap fix...hay ho :rolleyes:

I've just had a look on eBay for a remote key, from what I can see there are plenty to choose from, I put "Ford 3 button remote" into the search bar and it brought back 497 results.

Admittedly a lot of them are for the case only, but they are out there if you know where to look.

Alternatively have a look at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-3-BUTTON-KEY-REMOTE-FOB-FOR-FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-/200847439265?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3ATransit+Connect&hash=item2ec370b5a1'>this it's for a transit but does work on the mondeo as I have one myself

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club