Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Thanks buddy! I have the custom fit blinds in my ebay basket for a couple of weeks now, just have had so much on lately and another busy couple of months comin up, that I've kept talkin myself out of buying them! Birthday in a couple of weeks, so might see if anyone wants to treat me to them.

Might need to get a few bits and pieces up for sale first and can justify (aka not let her know about the PayPal funds!) spending on them a lot easier then!

#18 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,689 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well guys, managed to get a few snaps today of the exhaust and the finished rear lights. I didn't get night time pics yet, but I might over the weekend to show the LED strip mod in them. Anyway, here's a few to highlight the exhaust and my badges and inlays...hope y'all like!

I had initially wanted the tips flush with the bumper, but turns out they were too long to sit flush on the driver's side as the pipe bend is pretty close behind the bumper, so he sat them out the same on both sides, but I think the slight protrusion actually suits them well!

Maybe a thicker rolled-in style tip would suit better as well, as these thin slash cuts maybe blend in a bit much to the black rear diffuser, but the pics don't so it justice if I'm honest. And the slightly burnished tip matches well with the car's body colour.

Not 100% on my DMBs, was always a fan of the original blue oval and it matched the car well, but they're staying on for now at least. Really like the inlays as I didn't like the original red lettered badges.

Anyway, comments welcome as always!

WARNING: Picture Alert!!! (I'm rubbish at deciding which pics look best and which ones to pick to post up, so I'll just put up nearly all of them!)

index-2_zps1207ff94.jpg

index-3_zps30e28f30.jpg

The exhaust really suits the car mate,
The tail lights and RS spoiler were also a great addition gives it a proper sporty shape.
The blinds will really finish it off completly well done mate it looks the business proper 3 door too.

#19 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,235 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

Defo get the blinds, I love mine and they really look like tints unless you're right next to the car.

#20 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Small update...picked these up off the bay last week, gonna give them a trial fit and then decide/await opinions on whether to stick with my carbon wrapped ones or go with these...

photo(2).JPG

I plan to gloss black the grilles at some stage, so along with spoiler and front and rear centre lower bumper sections in gloss black, I think the new mirror caps will tie in better than the carbon wrapped ones.

#21 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Here we go...what you reckon guys, gloss or carbon?

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

#22 Oliverb

Oliverb

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Ollie
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yeah !
They look a lot smarter now mate ...
Nice touch ..

#23 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Cheers pal...pics came out awful (pretty common for me, haha!) in fading light, so will try get some better ones. Think I prefer them too. Need to come up with a plan to get these grilles glossed!

#24 Oliverb

Oliverb

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Lol! I can never normally decide what pic to put on here as I end up taking so many different times of day and what not !
Glad you like , little things like that tend to make all the difference !
Aaahhh the grille will look off the nut gloss black too! Just pop it out and get it done pro your looking at about £50 - £60 I reckon !!

#25 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I think the gloss but like the carbon wrap one to.

don't know whats happened to the text to make it so small pmsl

Edited by Stoney871, 18 June 2013 - 06:12 PM.
Check the settings at the top of the text box.

#26 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Well strangers, aint been on here much over the last few months for a number of reasons...mainly not had much time between a house move and a hectic summer, but of course this also crippled the 'mod budget' as well, so had nothing really to report. 

Think with the mods drying up I also lost a lot of interest in the car unfortunately and had actually planned to sell up after putting it through MOT. Spent a few quid getting it ready for test though and she sailed through without as much as an advisory, so I'm back to thinkin that she's stayin with me...for now at least!

Anyway, enough babbling...with the prospect of it staying for a while I decided to give it some overdue tlc over the weekend when the sunshine made a fleeting cameo re-appearance. Good exterior clean, engine bay a quick wipe, fresh lick of paint on the calipers, and finally got round to starting a mod which I've been meaning to tackle for a while...doing a bit of gloss black-ing!

Had a ruffle through my collection of 'stuff' and rooted out some grey primer, gloss black paint and some Ford lacquer, and also had a couple of different grades of wet and dry.  Was a bit nervous about ballsin it up, but sure worst can happen with painting is you flat it back and start again, so off I went! Meant to take pics as I went along, but as always I got caught up in the process and forgot. Worst thing is, spraying should be ideal to take pics as there's a bit of thumb-twiddling in between coats anyway!

So, I started with the rear fog/reverse surrounds, knowing that they could be off the car for a bit of things went !Removed! up, rather than remove all front grilles and surrounds to discover they had to go back on halfway through or summat. And the results can be seen below... :D

IMG_0621_small.jpg

IMG_0622_small.jpg

IMG_0623_small.jpg

As is normally the case, the photo quality is crap from the phone, but when I get round to doing the rest I'll get a good picture update done using the camera and will remember to take some snaps during the process too. ;)  I love the subtle upgrade over the grey plastics and can't wait to get the front end done. With having the central lower sections of my bumpers in gloss black, doing the surrounds to match is a must!

In other news, the clip on my dash storage pocket has broken, so I think it's an excuse to fit the ST gauge pod, so if anyone has one going spare let me know. I know there's a handful on ebay at BIN prices, but I've seen them auction for under £30 so for a cheapskate like myself, that's my price aim!

That and a gloss black wheel refurb are about the height of my wishlist at the minute, so hopefully will have a bit more to report in the near future again.

#27 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,689 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

The black on the fog surrounds ties in nicely with the rear spoiler and carbon print ford badges mate.
Nice job.

#28 Oliverb

Oliverb

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

you car is looking beasty now mate,, Great work :)

#29 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Cheers lads, think a nice wee cheap and cheerful mod like this is exactly what I need to get my interest in it back!

Will probably be the weekend before I get a chance to tackle the fronts though as I've stuff on every evenin this week.

#30 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Looking really nice Gary , some great work and time spent on her.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users