Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jean Genie - Focus "stdci"

gforce

Looks really good, when you compare a before & after I think its the best pre-facelift I've seen. Given me some ideas for my car :)

Did you ever buy the blinds? I'm on the fence between them and a professional tint..

Thanks very much pal! Unfortunately I never got round to fitting the blinds no, and as I mentioned (I think), tint wasn't really an option as I feared the breaks in the conductive paint on the rear windscreen could damage it. I like doing things on a budget, and there was a guy on the STOC forum selling a set for £40 when I was looking for them, but he refused to post in case they got damaged as he wasn't confident in trying to package them up sufficiently. Fair enough I suppose, but I just never got round to buying a new set then, and Santa didn't bring me them either!

I know the guys that use them, Clive (Stoney871) for example, speak very highly of them, and I like the fact they're removable too.

Have you looked into just trying to source proper factory tinted privacy glass from a breaker car? Bargains can be had on eBay (think Charlie (Brigante) got a full set of privacy glass for a steal), but as he found out, beware that the rear screen is slightly different between Mk2 and 2.5 facelift!

• Like 1

They're great and removable in seconds.

Keeps the car shaded in summer (mostly for the benefit of the dogs ;)) and look like tints from about 10 feet away.

According to Etis my car is fitted with factory privacy glass, but when its bright it doesn't do much for the toddler in the back! I think those blinds look quite tidy as well from pictures.

Given the choice of little stick on roller blinds for the rear windows or a full blind kit, I think I know which one looks better :) Off to eBay bargain hunting now then I think.

• Like 1

According to Etis my car is fitted with factory privacy glass, but when its bright it doesn't do much for the toddler in the back! I think those blinds look quite tidy as well from pictures.

Given the choice of little stick on roller blinds for the rear windows or a full blind kit, I think I know which one looks better :) Off to Ebay bargain hunting now then I think.

Its a light tint

• Like 1