Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

In other news, been working at these bad boys the other evening...

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

Have just re-fitted this morning after leaving the lacquer to harden all day yesterday, so will try get some fitted pics when I can. Just need to get round to doing the upper and lower grilles now which are standing out like a sore thumb beside the glossiness!

Car's piggin at the minute though after being on site for a few days and the weather being awful. I've attached a couple below taken showing the rear gloss surrounds and the standard fronts, so would be nice to take the same photo next time I'm out to compare the difference.

IMG_0637_small.jpg

IMG_0636_small.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,252 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Focus is lookin sweet Gary mate,
Exhaust looks just right on the back and rs spoiler suits the stance aswell,
Gloss grills will really finish it off

#48 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

Cheers bud, thinkin I'll get the grilles all done this wknd.

I've a boost pod in the post as well which should be here tomorrow, but having taken out my storage pocket yesterday I've discovered it won't be a straight swap as I thought the extra trim piece was the same and the pocket would swap out for the pod, but the pocket is all one piece. Here's the thread I was asking about it...

http://www.fordowner...-fitting-query/

I'm either gonna have to cut out the bottom of the pocket, or try source the required trim panel on it's own, but it'll be hard to source and I don't have a part no for it to get a price from Ford.

#49 andylaw769

andylaw769

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Looks lovely bud really jealous

#50 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Cheers pal, as I mentioned on your thread I gathered up all my parts separately over a long time and with some serious bargain hunting but was so chuffed with the end result when it was all finished, well worth the wait in my eyes and shows it can be done! ;-)

This thread has been pretty dead for quite some time now as I don't feel there's much more to be done and as I've had the car over two years now and put a lot of miles on it I've actually been toying with the idea of changing for a few months now. So I've been hesitant to do much more to it that probably won't add any value to it asides from personal gratification

I don't think I'm gonna go down the performance route with this car, have one or two decent aesthetic mods that I'd still like to complete, like the boost pod and a wheel refurb, but I'd say that could be the height of it!

The only real 'mods' I have to report of late are getting round to completing the upper and lower front grilles in gloss black, and replacing my bonnet lock, which wasn't great craic at all!

Next 'mod' is to replace my boot switch...was gonna carry out the fix from the guide on here, even lifted an old mouse from work to get a micro-switch out of, but think I've sourced one off ebay now anyway. My own got temperamental last year and a clean and WD40 cured it for a while, but started playing up again over the holidays and is well and truly knackered at this stage!

#51 Rtsbasic

Rtsbasic

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Looks really good, when you compare a before & after I think its the best pre-facelift I've seen. Given me some ideas for my car :)

Did you ever buy the blinds? I'm on the fence between them and a professional tint..

#52 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Thanks very much pal! Unfortunately I never got round to fitting the blinds no, and as I mentioned (I think), tint wasn't really an option as I feared the breaks in the conductive paint on the rear windscreen could damage it. I like doing things on a budget, and there was a guy on the STOC forum selling a set for £40 when I was looking for them, but he refused to post in case they got damaged as he wasn't confident in trying to package them up sufficiently. Fair enough I suppose, but I just never got round to buying a new set then, and Santa didn't bring me them either!

I know the guys that use them, Clive (Stoney871) for example, speak very highly of them, and I like the fact they're removable too.

Have you looked into just trying to source proper factory tinted privacy glass from a breaker car? Bargains can be had on ebay (think Charlie (Brigante) got a full set of privacy glass for a steal), but as he found out, beware that the rear screen is slightly different between Mk2 and 2.5 facelift!

#53 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,413 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

They're great and removable in seconds.

Keeps the car shaded in summer (mostly for the benefit of the dogs ;)) and look like tints from about 10 feet away.

#54 Rtsbasic

Rtsbasic

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

According to Etis my car is fitted with factory privacy glass, but when its bright it doesn't do much for the toddler in the back! I think those blinds look quite tidy as well from pictures.

Given the choice of little stick on roller blinds for the rear windows or a full blind kit, I think I know which one looks better :) Off to Ebay bargain hunting now then I think.

#55 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

According to Etis my car is fitted with factory privacy glass, but when its bright it doesn't do much for the toddler in the back! I think those blinds look quite tidy as well from pictures.

Given the choice of little stick on roller blinds for the rear windows or a full blind kit, I think I know which one looks better :) Off to Ebay bargain hunting now then I think.

Its a light tint

#56 andylaw769

andylaw769

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Hey bud any chance having a look at my thread and helping me out please :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users