Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Treatment At Ford

artscot79

Okay had the car in for a service and was asked for 24.99 did i want the engine treatment done its a additive put in the tank approved by ford that they buy in sadly they refused to give the name of the stuff and dont sell it to customers at the parts counter either ive used redex etc before and wasnt thst impressed so i went for it after half a tank there's a noticeable difference engine power is up and you can feel it the car picks up even better now the engine is quieter and smoother and the mpg has gone from 36.8 to 41.3 mpg the idle is smoother also well worth the money

probably just bg44k lol

Nah they told me they wont use the stuff the stuff they use contains a lubricant and has been tested whereas the bg is known to strip the lubrication away hence its warning not to use it regularly it works no doubt about that and wont need done till the next service ive used redex and nitro boost and all the well known brands except the ng stuff and none of them worked this well to the point where you can hear and feel the difference

so do they have a specific name for this engine treatment? i might give mine a call and see if the guys start scratching their heads!

This is the stuff they use

1311687073_Forte%20advanced%20formula%20

It is indeed very good and does clean the insides of the fuel system out. But dont pay the price Ford charge, you can get it from any car parts place for about a fiver

I had this done on my diesel and an engine flush, did not notice or feel anything so I won't do it again. Firm believer in a good quality oil and decent fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

indeed it is the stuff they use but they also use the engine flush and flush the engine at the same time still impressive stuff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club