Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fx Satnav (Non Touch Screen) 2009

Paulie

Hi all, This is my first post so bear with me please!

My Zetec tdci with built in sat nav won't work but he radio works fine, when i select Nav from the menu it says "Your direction is not on a digitised map", and if i check the information button on the right it shows no GPS so i think its not picking up a signal?. I've replaced the antenna on the roof because i heard these can become faulty through water ingress and checked the cables at the back but to no avail?

My local Ford dealer said if there was a problem he would just send away the whole satnav for testing as they wouldn't know how to test it. Can anyone help.

Just one more thing, going into the SatNav at the back there's a black main connector with maybe 20 wires, a blue aerial plug and another black wire with a blue plug that fits beside the aerial with a sticker(C1791 4M5T-18812-LB), would anyone know what the wire with the sticker is for?

Thanks in advance

Paul

That should be the cable for the satnav antenna.

Satnav does plug into tje blue Fakra connector. The gps sits under the dash drivers side and is not the aerial on the roof. Check the blue connector amd that sd card is inserted. There is also a calibration setting on the settings. Find somewhere open and use your phone to track sats if you have a gps phone.

im sorry i changed from pug to focus mate, no help at all from ford i have same sat nav in mine but battery died and now need code they said 15pound which was fine and did say it was a nav model she said yes no problem, booked it in and then it went upto 45 as they have to fax germany i went mad and said 30pound extra for a fax dont think so give us my keys

• Like 2

Thanks for reply,

I removed sat nav and traced the blue Fakra connector, it goes past back of clocks and up to another connector behind the drivers pillar, then upto the inside light were its connected to the aerial base. I did a continuity test from rear of satnav to pillar connector showing ok so thinking now maybe there could be a fault from the connector behind the pillar to the base which screws into the aerial antenna base? Also there seemed to be alot of white powder/dust around all connectors? Is this something to worry about?

Thanks again for reply

Paul

Was the satnav code not in the owners booklet stored in the little ford plastic holding case? Not sure how many different variations of code but mine is 0851

no not in book or on system, ive even got code cracker software but these are c series and most code breakers only do l v m etc believe me iv searched everywhere but wont be beat by paying ford i will just snip wires and put something else in

• 10 months later...

Hello All

I have a 2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Zetec-S

I have the same issue as Paulie above had where my built in sat-nav wont work( no gps ) but the radio is fine.

We have removed and looked at the aerial and also the block and am unsure how to fix the problem.

I contacted my local ford dealer and if honest they were rubbish and they just advised me to buy a new aerial

I dont really want to buy a new head unit if i can help it so any advise to get my satnav up and running would be much appreciated

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin,

i replaced the aerial at the back of the sat nav with a new ford aerial which has two wires built into one which didn't fix the problem! If you press the info key next to the Home key on the front of the satnav it should show how many satelites its tracking, if it shows none then the aerial is indeed faulty.

I ordered this Antenna GPS active connection Fakra or type gps antenna fakra satnav for audi mmi dvd and connected it to the connector at the back of the satnav head next to the aerial connector. Hope this helps.

Anyhow for some reason, today my satnav/radio head unit won't powerup. I've changed all the fuses and the one at the back of the unit and still nothing. ANyone able to advise me?

Thanks in advance

Paul

My satnav head unit packed up a week or so ago, Just wouldn't turn on when I started the car in the morning. I checked all the fuses and removed the battery cables to see if it needed a reset but no luck. I found the same type of satnav on eBay for £200 so got lucky really because they cost a packet.....Anyway best of luck mate.

I have one of these, but I am thinking of replacing it with an Android TouchScreen model from the US.

Thare $400 dollars, but I reckon I could make that back selling my current unit

Do you have a link/picture of the unit you are buying please.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Do you have a link/picture of the unit you are buying please.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3D-Rotating-UI-android-4-0-Car-DVD-gps-For-Ford-FOCUS-2008-2010-siliver-or/1511040553.html?s=p

I will probably buy it in black, as I am about to have the centre console hydrodipped in black carbon fibre anyway

Looks great. Does it use the same connectors?

Honestly couldn't tell you. I would imagine it does as it is specifically designed for the focus

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

OK cool, I'm sure the connectors would be available if not.

My satnav head unit packed up a week or so ago, Just wouldn't turn on when I started the car in the morning. I checked all the fuses and removed the battery cables to see if it needed a reset but no luck. I found the same type of satnav on ebay for £200 so got lucky really because they cost a packet.....Anyway best of luck mate.

Did you go to a Ford dealer first? Ford has an internal TSB (technical service bulletin) abbout this issue.

Some production badges of the Blaupunkt travelpilot FX units are reknown to have issues. The main issue is that some Travelpilot FX units do not turn on anymore. Bosch (which currently owns Blaupunkt) acknowledges these issues and has a limited extended warranty for all units which are known to have this problem. Travelpilot FX units which meet all warranty requirements will be replaced for free.

The affected radio's are produced between June 2008 and May 2009 and have the following part numbers:

• 8S7T-18K931-AC/AD

• 8M5T-18K931-GB/GC/GD/HB/HD/HC

• 8C1T-18K931-AA/AB/AC

• 8V4T-18K931-AD/AE/AF

• 8M5T-18K931-NA

• 8V4T-18K931-BA

If your Ford dealer does not know this you can tell him to look at TSB 26/2013. The limited extended warranty on these units will be valid until 31-12-2015.

Unfortunately my Travelpilot FX did not meet all requirements of the limited extended warranty so I had to pay for repair of the unit myself.

• Like 3

That is a great piece of information, I'm gonna check out my old unit ......Funny how this information is never relayed to us by the dealers. Thanks mate

• Like 1

I suppose many Ford dealers do not even know about this TSB.

Oh ok.....Since my unit failed I've heard of so many others failing.

Hey Paulie

Thanks for the advice, i checked the info and no satelite information and i also tried the manual calibration so im going to try the aerial again and see if that fixes it if not ill be going same route as you did

have you managed to make yours work yet ? sounds if all the fuses have been checked that it might have died which would be very unfortunate :(

Colin

The Original Ford GPS antennas become defective quite often. The GPS receiver is integrated into the antenna base on the roof of the car. This is a combined antenna base for radio and GPS. Most problems are caused by water ingress into the antenna base because it is poorly sealed. The water ingress causes the components of the GPS antenna to oxidate and eventually the GPS antenna stops working.

Almost all Ford models have these issues. Even the Focus MK3 has this problem. The GPS antenna bases are technically almost identical but have different part numbers and the prices may vary a lot also.

The cheapest way to solve this problem is to install an aftermarket GPS antenna with a Fakra connector. These GPS antennas can be found on eBay for about €20,-. These antennas are often installed below the dashboard above the radio or behind the A-pillar cover.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks JW1982 for the TSB,

I visited my local Ford dealer about three weeks ago, showing him the (TSB 26/2013 fault), He only recognised the fault after i provided the info you posted.

He placed an order for replacement Satnav but today he telephoned me to say he couldn't offer an replacement or help as this fault is only covered in Germany/France/Austria or England. Its written on the bottom of the TSB. Can you tell me if this is right?

As i'm based in Ireland my Ford dealer don't recognise the fault. He offered to order a new Satnav if i wished for and small price of 1250 Euro!!!

So the Satnav has a recognised fault by Ford or Blaupunt and can be repaired or replaced if living in most places of Europe but not in Ireland?

Any idea's on the subject.

What about Ford Europe?

Do you know address or contact if want to step up the problem above to my local dealer?

Help

Paul

• Like 1

You can buy aftermarket ones for 300 quid, don't be paying 1250 Euros for one of them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks JW1982 for the TSB,

I visited my local Ford dealer about three weeks ago, showing him the (TSB 26/2013 fault), He only recognised the fault after i provided the info you posted.

He placed an order for replacement Satnav but today he telephoned me to say he couldn't offer an replacement or help as this fault is only covered in Germany/France/Austria or England. Its written on the bottom of the TSB. Can you tell me if this is right?

As i'm based in Ireland my Ford dealer don't recognise the fault. He offered to order a new Satnav if i wished for and small price of 1250 Euro!!!

So the Satnav has a recognised fault by Ford or Blaupunt and can be repaired or replaced if living in most places of Europe but not in Ireland?

Any idea's on the subject.

What about Ford Europe?

Do you know address or contact if want to step up the problem above to my local dealer?

Help

Paul

As far as I know the TSB does not mention excluded countries but warranty laws are different in most countries. At the moment I do not have access to the TSB's so i can not check if there are excluded countries. In the Netherlands Ford dealers can order/supply a replacement Travelpilot FX for free if all requirements of the TSB are met.

The extended warranty on the affected units is not given by Ford. In fact Ford has nothing to do with the extended warranty program. Bosch/Blaupunkt recognises the fault and replaces the affected units for free.

I suppose your best option is to send a mail to Bosch/Blaupunkt.

• Like 1