Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fixed Engine Rattle

Alec J

If anyone else is finding there engine makes a good vibration noise while cold then i have found a cure!

My engine has a a cover over it in which at the front is a sponge fitting to keep it above the engine parts. The sponge had worn out causing a horrible loud vibration noise while cold.

Simply use a kitchen sponge, cut off the green top and then shape to the same size as the original sponge on the cover. Simply glue using strong adhesive and walla!

No more vibrations.

a simple yet elequant fix!

The cover has a sponge there anyway thats been crushed so its simply adding more depth to the sponge. Fully fire safe

How odd! I've had this problem for ages, haven't checked in on here and seen this yet I fixed it at the weekend.

An alternative to the sponge is taking your cover off and locating the centre front engine cover bolt. This is a little black plastic ball affair on a stud mounted to the rocket cover. These are all screwed down at the factory. I found loosening it and turning it back a few turns is enough to lift the cover off the front manifold and get rid of the rattle altogether :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club