Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cylinder Head

pat1958

can any one help one can i put a pre face lift cylinder head( 2001) on a face lift engine old silver top onto a black top its a 1.8.and how hard are they to change. was having new engine fitted to day and as he went to start it for the first time he said it was making a racket when he looked one of the bolts was loose so the timing was out the engine was sold to me as a good clean engine but it looks like some one had loosened one of the bolt its a mk3 mondeo

No blacktop and silver tops are different. And a mk3 is a duratec not a zetec anyway!

Id be very worried about any new engine that youve just fitted thats rattling its cok off. I know if I fitted an engine to someones car thats rattling id be asking for a refund or another engine

the pre face lift duratec he had a silver cam cover. the face lift duratec he had a black cam cover ' i know the changed the inlet manifold on the face lift and it had a bigger clutch, and the fly wheel was changed

your confusing engines bud

Mk 1 Mondeos had silvertop ZETECS

Mk2 had blacktop ZETECS with diferent inlet manifold and bigger flywheel, some had DMF's

MK3 had blacktop DURATEC not seen any silvertop duratecs if im honest

zetec are belt driven cams and duratec are chain driven cams. I was the first person in the UK to rebuild a duratec btw (useless info half hour LOL) My apprentice fitted wrong plugs and made a mess LOL

the first photo is the silver top duratec he pre face lift . the second one is a black top duratec he face lift

post-17074-0-74855800-1368738507_thumb.j

post-17074-0-09418900-1368738543_thumb.j

engine code chbb if not mistaken the silver top like mine and chain driven to i know cause my dad helped me do alternator belt on it with over 40 years in trade to.and you can only fit silver with silver to as the black top is some what different as i was thinking of changing engines on mine as done nearly 210,000 but still gose like a train though :D

engine code chbb if not mistaken the silver top like mine and chain driven to i know cause my dad helped me do alternator belt on it with over 40 years in trade to.and you can only fit silver with silver to as the black top is some what different as i was thinking of changing engines on mine as done nearly 210,000 but still gose like a train though :D

you will also note that silver top is alloy other i believe is plastic but you could fit silver 2ltr engine in with no probs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club