Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Flash Music Problem

cantab

Hi,

I just got a brand new Mondeo Estate Titanium X and want to play music from a USB flash drive.

I bought an HP V220w 64GB flash drive, format FAT32, USB2.0. I downloaded WMA and MP3 files from windows media player. It sees all the tracks and albums and starts playing then stops for a while says its initialising then plays some more and continues this way.

I took the car back to my local ford dealer who adised I needed aflash drive of max 32GB. I replaced my original 64GB for a 32GB of thew same model. put one CD of mp3 on it and it has the same problem. I tried the same mp3 files on a freebee 1,8Gb stick and it plays fine.

I think it could be a compatibility issue, has anyone got any recommendations of flash drives that will work?

I use a Kingston 16gb DT101 G2 and works perfect , i also have used cheap no brand micro SD cards and they also work fine.

Some times the extra software they put on the memory sticks causwe the problem.I removed the Kingston software off mine.

Thanks Pree,

I'll try the Kingston 16gb DT101 G2 or maybe brave the 32GB version...

My ford dealer reckons I should be OK with 32GB has anyone has success with a flash drive larger than 16GB?

I currently have a PNY 16gb micro SD inserted in to the USB reader it came with , and no problems with that either.

Memory Sticks seem to be the problem , and i put that down to the bundled software on them.

I did try a cheap a no brand 32gb class 4 micro sd card yesterday and that worked fine , although i only put a couple of albums on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Pree,

The DT101 works fine, gotta go listen to my sounds now!

Thanks Pree,

The DT101 works fine, gotta go listen to my sounds now!

It's a decent stick, glad its working for you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club