Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Spare Wheel

ilsonemo

hi

I bought a spare alloy to replace my space saver, as i am never very trusting of them. when i came to fit it in the boot it makes the boot carpet sit up a few inches. has anyone done the same as me ? and what sorts of stuff did you use to make up the space ?

i was thinking of using a thick polystyrene block and cutting it to size

thankyou

There are three different boot spacer kits, one set for spacesaver wheels, one for full size spares and the one for cars with the inflation pack.

You could, like you say, use some foam to pad the boot out but be sure to use the closed cell type or you may suffer with water soaking into the foam and rotting out the boot floor or as per the original stuff use polystyrene cut to size.

well I have been everywhere. breakers don't sell them, ford don't sell them, eBay has one but its pick up in Cornwall.

so i have manufactured my own

not perfect but it does the job ^_^

971824_10200775013873793_1058579557_n.jp

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Job done.

Im happy with it and its only cost me £15 from B&Q for a few sheets of polystyrene :D

not my choice to be honest as the amount of time you would actually spend with a spare on is minimal at best, I would rather keep the extra space in the boot but each to their own as they say :)

not my choice to be honest as the amount of time you would actually spend with a spare on is minimal at best, I would rather keep the extra space in the boot but each to their own as they say :)

Each to there own i guess,

soon the wife will be learning to drive, so my thoughts were if she does buckle a wheel i have a spare ;) and i don't have to worry about finding a matching alloy in a rush :D

• Like 1

+1 Also think of the weight saving, better fuel economy (very marginal i know.. but still!)

• 2 weeks later...

Peace of mind with the Wife driving?

Priceless :-P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club