#1 PeterJeeves507

PeterJeeves507

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S Facelift
Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hi all,

Is anyone breaking up a 2004 mondeo in the Northamptonshire area? my dad's had a prang in his and the front looks worse for wear, not 100% sure what we'll need but definately a bonnet, both front wings, front bumper, passenger headlight assy, and radiator, I'll update the list as we pull it apart and discover what lies beneath! Also, any hints on how to get the bonnet open as it won't open using the key hole behind the badge!

Cheers,

Peter

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ppeter7

ppeter7

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Name: peter
  • Ford Model: mondeo 1.8/ mondeo 2.0 zetec
  • Year: 2001

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

chances are the link that gose from catch to barrel could of broke,might have to make hole in grill to get to barrel as bonnet could of also kinked where it shuts into the lock.try this on fleabay item no 261214579680 i think urs is a later model

#3 PeterJeeves507

PeterJeeves507

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Sweet, thanks,

The bonnet is pretty well folded, I can see where you mean, its folded and moved enough that if all else fails I can remove it from its hinges and improvise from there, I'll have a butchers at the link you suggested, once the bent panels are off it wont look as bad as it does at the moment!

#4 ppeter7

ppeter7

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

ok poss front panel gone as its plastic but gd luck

#5 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Ford Model: MONDEO

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

try ebay, theres usualy plenty of spares on there

#6 PeterJeeves507

PeterJeeves507

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

I looked on ebay and there is indeed a lot on there, parts from ford arent too expensive either, the damage isnt as bad as I first thought, the bonnet lock is intact, it was largely the creased bonnet, demolished grille and headlight that made it look terrible! The big repair job starts tomorow though, removing all the wonky bits and seeing what else is needed. Something ive just thought though, where is the air conditioning intercooler mounted? Is it in with the radiator?

Cheers,

Peter

#7 stooge75

stooge75

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo tdci zetec

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

air con intercooler?.car has intercooler though & yeah,just behind/below rad. are you thinkin of heater matrix on a car?

#8 PeterJeeves507

PeterJeeves507

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

May well be, just going of what my dad said, he asked about an air conditioning intercooler, I thought intercoolers were used on turbos, it probably is the heater matrix and would explain the lone metal pipe which doesnt seem to go anywhere as the heater runs off the cooling system! I haven't taken the bumper off yet so cant see where it goes!

#9 ppeter7

ppeter7

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

that pipe is powersteering cooling pipe i take it its a petrol mondeo and not diesel..if it is diesel then its intercooler then front panel then aircon then rad.,if its petrol its steering cooler pipe front panel aircon rad..luck front panel not damaged

#10 PeterJeeves507

PeterJeeves507

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

that pipe is powersteering cooling pipe i take it its a petrol mondeo and not diesel..if it is diesel then its intercooler then front panel then aircon then rad.,if its petrol its steering cooler pipe front panel aircon rad..luck front panel not damaged

It is a petrol, I'll try not to disturb it when i remove the radiator, apparently theres something air conditioning related I have to be careful of mounted behind the rad as well.

#11 ppeter7

ppeter7

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

yea aircon rad but if front panel is ok no need to remove however if you do then you need to undo the powersteering cooler pipe u might lose bit fluid so if you got a latex glove to put over end of pipe while you put it through front panel it be ok.then just top up reseviour afterwards simples

#12 stooge75

stooge75

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo tdci zetec

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

do they only come on petrols that p.steering cooling pipes?

#13 PeterJeeves507

PeterJeeves507

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

yea aircon rad but if front panel is ok no need to remove however if you do then you need to undo the powersteering cooler pipe u might lose bit fluid so if you got a latex glove to put over end of pipe while you put it through front panel it be ok.then just top up reseviour afterwards simples

Yep, its pretty well in the way at the moment, i've used the old glove over open pipe trick while changing brake calipers before, the most fun part will be the wings, we thought they were welded at first but apparently its only filler thats been painted over, theyre a complete nightmare to get off whichever way you look at it! I'd forgotten how difficult road cars can be to get apart, way more complex than racecars at least!

#14 ppeter7

ppeter7

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

oo yea i bet lol.best thing to take wing liner off completely and put it on last after fitting the bumper it will make it easier to get at the three bumper bolts.but its easy to do anyway

#15 ppeter7

ppeter7

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

and its all bolted on anyway with is so easy

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users