Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parts Required!

PeterJeeves507

Hi all,

Is anyone breaking up a 2004 mondeo in the Northamptonshire area? my dad's had a prang in his and the front looks worse for wear, not 100% sure what we'll need but definately a bonnet, both front wings, front bumper, passenger headlight assy, and radiator, I'll update the list as we pull it apart and discover what lies beneath! Also, any hints on how to get the bonnet open as it won't open using the key hole behind the badge!

Cheers,

Peter

chances are the link that gose from catch to barrel could of broke,might have to make hole in grill to get to barrel as bonnet could of also kinked where it shuts into the lock.try this on fleabay item no 261214579680 i think urs is a later model

Sweet, thanks,

The bonnet is pretty well folded, I can see where you mean, its folded and moved enough that if all else fails I can remove it from its hinges and improvise from there, I'll have a butchers at the link you suggested, once the bent panels are off it wont look as bad as it does at the moment!

ok poss front panel gone as its plastic but gd luck

try eBay, theres usualy plenty of spares on there

I looked on eBay and there is indeed a lot on there, parts from ford arent too expensive either, the damage isnt as bad as I first thought, the bonnet lock is intact, it was largely the creased bonnet, demolished grille and headlight that made it look terrible! The big repair job starts tomorow though, removing all the wonky bits and seeing what else is needed. Something ive just thought though, where is the air conditioning intercooler mounted? Is it in with the radiator?

Cheers,

Peter

air con intercooler?.car has intercooler though & yeah,just behind/below rad. are you thinkin of heater matrix on a car?

May well be, just going of what my dad said, he asked about an air conditioning intercooler, I thought intercoolers were used on turbos, it probably is the heater matrix and would explain the lone metal pipe which doesnt seem to go anywhere as the heater runs off the cooling system! I haven't taken the bumper off yet so cant see where it goes!

that pipe is powersteering cooling pipe i take it its a petrol mondeo and not diesel..if it is diesel then its intercooler then front panel then aircon then rad.,if its petrol its steering cooler pipe front panel aircon rad..luck front panel not damaged

that pipe is powersteering cooling pipe i take it its a petrol mondeo and not diesel..if it is diesel then its intercooler then front panel then aircon then rad.,if its petrol its steering cooler pipe front panel aircon rad..luck front panel not damaged

It is a petrol, I'll try not to disturb it when i remove the radiator, apparently theres something air conditioning related I have to be careful of mounted behind the rad as well.

yea aircon rad but if front panel is ok no need to remove however if you do then you need to undo the powersteering cooler pipe u might lose bit fluid so if you got a latex glove to put over end of pipe while you put it through front panel it be ok.then just top up reseviour afterwards simples

do they only come on petrols that p.steering cooling pipes?

yea aircon rad but if front panel is ok no need to remove however if you do then you need to undo the powersteering cooler pipe u might lose bit fluid so if you got a latex glove to put over end of pipe while you put it through front panel it be ok.then just top up reseviour afterwards simples

Yep, its pretty well in the way at the moment, i've used the old glove over open pipe trick while changing brake calipers before, the most fun part will be the wings, we thought they were welded at first but apparently its only filler thats been painted over, theyre a complete nightmare to get off whichever way you look at it! I'd forgotten how difficult road cars can be to get apart, way more complex than racecars at least!

oo yea i bet lol.best thing to take wing liner off completely and put it on last after fitting the bumper it will make it easier to get at the three bumper bolts.but its easy to do anyway

and its all bolted on anyway with is so easy

There are relativley few bolts, which is nice, and the bumper is pretty much ready to fall off as it is! The biggest issue is the nigh on 10 years of dirt and rust and other bits that have built up, many cans of wd40 required i think! Another plus is it makes getting to the inlet manifold easier as theres a pipe down there thats split and needs replacing, so the more of the front that has to come off the better i suppose!

Update time: front end off, both wings, bumper, plasticy piece that went in front of radaitor, both headlights, now for the radiator and the air conditioning radiator, anyone have any ideas about the pipework that connects to the a/c rad and how it may come off? The a/c rad is empty because of the hole punched in it!

yep its a 8 or 10 mill nut where the pipes join the rad. also when you come to regas it the connectors are on the silver canistar between inner and outer drivers wing so need to fit wing linner last.

just be careful theres 2 rubber o rings on the pipes so dont lose them or prize them off

Sweet, I was sure it wasnt too bad a job, saves the hassle of getting it to an a/c place! It also saves having to separate the radiator and the a/c rad!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, first update for a while: Pcv pipe changed, inlet manifold back on, new radiator fitted, cooling system flushed, will fill and test the cooling system later, the only thing thats not gone to plan thus far is the throttle cable, the pedal doesn't return to the top of its travel, the throttle body does return to the idle position though, is there an adjustment I have to make? After that, if all goes well, its putting on new body pabels and making it resemble a mondeo again!

hi again glad its going well no sorry there not adjustable except for 2.5 v6.just check the cable at the pedal end is sitting in properly like the outer sleave and the cable is ok or not pinched at bulkhead area or cowling as the wings have been removed might have it trapped

Hello, cheers, thats one possibility eliminated at least! There's a yellow piece which looks like it may need to be attached to the pedal which isn't! The only thing my dad said was that when he tried to start the car to move it the engine revved straight up as the front of the car had pushed back between the throttle linkage and the pin that the linkage rests on at idle, I'll have a good poke around the throttle pedal area and see what i can see!

another thought could be the mounting plate the cable locates into the small bracket by throttle body if the front was pushed back a little aswell

Dad's just had a look at the pedal and says that how it was apparently, its certainly got more play than in my fieata! Running it up as I type, and all seems well, the engine returned to idle just fine, it hasnt overheated, and the A/C rad isnt punctured afterall! Now to get some body panels put on!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club