Show
Photo

Fastest Quickest Acceleration 50-70Mph In Top 5.0 Seconds Mondeo Vs Supercars - Hot Hatches

Mondeo 50-70mph acceleration top gear mtx75

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Incontro

Incontro

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

14.5 seconds - i found these specs -  

2009 Focus 1,6L

5 speed 1290kgs 116PS/114Hp 160Nm/ 118ft-lbs at 4250rpm

0-60mph- 11.6secs 0-100mph-36.6secs. - top speed 116mph

50-70mph in top (5th) 14.5secs

Alll offroad/ on the autobahn, of course!

Not the quickest car on the road but close to the Dodge Viper 50-70mph in top! - i will add it to the list  

A life-time wait as I expected, but I wonder how quick it could do it if you dropped down a cog.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

A life-time wait as I expected, but I wonder how quick it could do it if you dropped down a cog.

9.6secs in 4th or 6.5secs "flat out"/ through-the-gears (50-70mph) 

Edit - On mine the 50-70 mph is 4.64secs in 4th and 4.29 in 3rd/ its interesting how the diesel  does not get much quicker in the lower gears, the 50-70mph in top of the modified, turbocharged 2.0L diesel Mondeo is quicker than the 50-70mph of the NA 1.6L Focus, even if the Focus is "redlining" it through the gears    

#18 kristriple

kristriple

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Name: Kris
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2007

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Does wherever your getting these stats do bike figures?
I'd like to see how my one fares against some of these motors!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

#19 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

Does wherever your getting these stats do bike figures?
I'd like to see how my one fares against some of these motors!

Sent from my /KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

What bike is it? 

9 times out of 10 a bike is a lot quicker than a car, even a realatively low- powered BMW bike has some astonishing figures, there is a drag strip in Crail, Scotland, they race cars and bikes at the same meeting, the bikes beat 800Hp GTRs and 600Hp EVOs, by a big margin some of the bikes are doing sub 9 second times and reaching 130mph in the 1/4 mile  

On the other hand i was following a bike the other day, it was wet and we were going onto a motorway via a tight left-hander, i could get the power down a lot earlier than the bike, so i was coming out of the corner 20mph faster than the bike, i had to lift off to stop running into the back of it, much to my surprise (and probably his!) ok so it might have been a crap rider, but i dont think the bike could have cornered as fast as the car in the wet the car has a lot more rubber on the road, helps on the brakes, and off the line ("launch") of course, once the bike gets going it will be quicker than a car - bikes and cars are very different, and i don't think you can really compare them (i used to ride bikes and tuned road and race bikes) its been a long time since i was last on a bike, though        

#20 kristriple

kristriple

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Name: Kris
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2007

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Its a 2012 Street triple R.

Your Bang on there. If its dry and warm, 9 times out of ten a bike is quicker. As soon as it rains or the temp drops to the point where the tyres cant heat up properly, the bike is slower. My dad had a set of Pilot Road 3's on his last bike. Seriously impressive in the wet! and the newer Pilot road 4 is supposed to be even better. You'll never get your knee down, but tyre technology has moved on massively in the last 10 years or so. You'd be impressed if you've been off of bikes for a while.

Just to prove your point, I managed to get in front (and stay in front!) of an Audi R8 on a 2007 R6 in the dry. I couldn't get past a guy in a diesel mondeo on a Daytona 955i in the rain....

I was just curious how the figures looked. Your right, there is no comparison between cars and bikes!

#21 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Ive updated the list with some more Fords

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mondeo, 50-70mph, acceleration, top gear, mtx75

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users