#1 RDelaCourt

RDelaCourt

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

hi guys i hope someone can  help  me. i had to change  the camshaft chain tensioner on my 2005 ford fiesta TDCI (mk6). After fitting the new camshaft chain tensioner I timed the engine correctly using the correct timing pins.(i also rotated the engine  by hand clockwise through 12 cycles  with no issues, everything  was sound) Unfortunately after piecing everything back together i realised that i had forgot to put the cam shaft oil seal on!!!! so i began taking everything  off again. fitted the new oil seal and again put everything back  together. this time however i could only get about half a turn from the crankshaft i took the belt off and the crankshaft with nothing attached to it and it still wouldn't rotate. I don't know if the valves are hitting or getting jammed on something I've read up online that the fuel pump sprocket needs to be taken out then the engine should be timed and then put back in (apparently the fuel pump runs on a chain which is connected to the camshaft.)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!  

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

My caveman instinct would say give it a jiggle, my mechanical brain says something is a drift, sorry but i have nothing more to offer, got any mechanic friends?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford, fiesta, tdci, mk6, dv6, problem, help, engine, timing, diesel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users