• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Jennie
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi 130bhp
  • Year: 2002

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hi all

wonder if anyone can help?

I have had my mondeo for about a year and it has cost the best part of ...should have brought a new car type money.

the body work is good so was willing to pay and i like the car.... no i am not so sure so far in the last couple of months the car has had  the following replaced

egr

air flow mass meter

4 injectors

head gasket

engine

turbo

alternator

diesal pump

and other bits and pieces that i cant remember.

and i have found that after picking it up today and opening her up a bit that the glow plug light flashed and all the power cut out from the engine.

I pulled over and restarted the car and could not deliberatly recreate the issue.

I really am tired of my car at the moment and i am now wondering what else it could be.

Anybody else had similar issues and worked out how to fix it?

I tend to drive quite a large amount of miles and need a reliable car and at the moment i cannot rely on this one.

Thanks

Jennie

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stooge75

stooge75

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo tdci zetec

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

1st of all,you'll need to get a diagnostics done on it,to see what codes are showing up.no point in guessing jennie. you've not had any luck with yours.i know that feeling. have you serviced it lately? fuel filter changed?

#3 George Lawrence

George Lawrence

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Name: George
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.ltr tdci auto estate
  • Year: 2003

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Jennie, do yourself a favour and have a leak off test done at a reputable diesel garage. I had the same problem as you and was advised to do this. It took me 9 months before I did this and wish I had done it sooner. This may save you a lot of time and expense in changing parts that do not need to be replaced. 

#4 wase16ll

wase16ll

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: granada
  • Year: 1992

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

although i wouldnt eliminate them, its unlikely injectors if they were renewed less than year ago.

best bet, get the codes read, if it flagged up the glow light a code would have been set.

having said that, check if the filter has been changed, if not then would pay to get that done anyway...

quick question, was all this work done because of the same problem your getting now?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users