Mrmark941

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 64 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

So I've resolved this issue. Got some spaces (from Motorworld) and they work a treat.

Now I have ANOTHER issue :( When will they stop, But I guess it's due to the age of this car. 

My passenger door will lock with the key but not unlock?! I've done some research online but cannot really find out what the issue is, only others writing about it. It's not too much of an issue but is annoying! Any ideas? 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 vince_13

vince_13

Vince

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

i presume they aren't electric? if not id take the door card off and have a look inside the door at the barrel and make sure the rod that is on the end of the barrel moves with the rotation of the key,

either the rod doesn't move enough or its stuck, or the mechanism on the end of the barrel is nakered, mine did the same for the last 12 months i had it i couldn't use the door i had to unlock drivers reach in and unlock the passenger door,

you could replace the door barrels but then you would have a key for the doors and another key for ignition (and possibly another key for the boot if not the same as the doors)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: build, log, fiesta, Mk3, XR2i, Mods, modding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users