Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Amplifier Wiring

mrHman

Hey ppl,

Need a quick how-to on routing my amplifier wires in my mk1 focus 1.6. Ive heard i can run them through the wing or find a clear grommet somewhere behind the engine so a bit confused as to what is the best solution.

Thanks

easiest way is to drill the bulkhead. just under the heater matrix..

Also, get your bum into the intro section and say hi! lol

Thanks just did a quick intro :).

Is it easy to drill? I dont wana mess up and drill into a harness or something haha

Also was thinking of upgrading the stock battery. I've been told my focus can fit battery type 063 but the battery tray is quite larger than the battery itself. So im wondering, what is the biggest battery I can fit?

i remember with my last focus (1.8 zetec 5-door), i took the wing off, and went through there.

Was a bit of hard work, but the finished job was perfect - minimal visible wires too which i like!!

I'll be doing it again with my new focus! :D

Hey chris. I just finished up the wiring today and I kind of did the same thing u said except I didnt take the wing off. I fed it through the top of the wing from the passenger side, past the bonnet hinge hole and I found a just wide enough opening halfway down the wing. Pulled it out of there and wrapped it in plastic sleeving then taped it with black tape for extra safety, dont want it to get cut as the wing is quite sharp. Anyway, I ran it through the blank grommet above passenger door hinge and just hid the wires under the carpet. No wires visible :) apart from engine bay obv lol...some people might say the wire will catch in the door but it has quite a lot of clearence when the door is shut.

EDIT: Im running 4awg wire btw

awesome :)

as long as your sure the wire won't split or cut on any metal work, you should be fine :D

I just installed rear footwell lighting and found a neat little place to stash the wiring...

If you take the wire from the point of origin and poke it through with the other bundles down to the fusebox area, you can then thread it behind the carpet area, down behind the plastics of the footwell, into the door area, under the door sills, threaded through this to the rear of the car, then poke this into the boot behind the nearside plastic wall of the boot and out to your subs.

No damage, and your already using protected area's that will serve your purpose well.

awesome :)

as long as your sure the wire won't split or cut on any metal work, you should be fine :D

Is it just me, or did this make no sense whatsoever? :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club