Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Central Locking

Daveleach

My wife's cars has today developed a fault.

The passenger door will no longer lock via the central locking. It won't lock with the the fob, with the key or when inside the car and the press the drivers handle, the passenger door still won't lock.

You have to press the handle of the passenger door itself to lock it.

What could be the cause?

I take it that you have checked fuses? otherwise i would say its the lock motor in the door, i think that the handle inside is a fail safe for this exact reason and isn't directly connected to the central locking, does the door unlock with the central locking or is that also disabled? Oh and check the kiddie lock isn't on as im not sure how this affects the system.

I haven't checked the fuses. I will do that. But I kinda elimated that due to the fact the drivers door lock with the fob.

So would it be the lock motor in the passenger door? And not something that directly links the drivers door to passenger?

Its either going to be a wiring problem in to or in the door or the lock motor/mechanism, when you use the fob to lock the door stand on the passenger side and see if you hear it trying.

There is no noise that can be heard from the passenger side when pressing unlock on the fob

I would say the lock motor then, I would either go to ford or a decent auto electrician, good luck.

Is it not a DIY job then?

Could be a diy if that's what your into, most don't like to, have a go.

Would you say the drivers side lock or passenger?

Must be the passenger door, I think each door has an independent motor.

Is the lock and central locking all one item like here on eBay? Item number 290777846300

I have had the door card off and had a look at the lock mechanism. It's the 9pin version.

I also squirted some wd40 everywhere but it's still the same.

How would i go about checking I have voltage at the wiring to the lock mechanism?

Im not entirely sure on that i would have thought that it would only have a couple of wires anyway so there would be no harm in testing all of the ones you can find but i cannot comment on what voltage you should be getting and when, and im also unsure if its a full kit that you need or whether you can just change a piece of it. sorry. In regards to whether the parts of the locking system can be changed independently a call to your local ford parts dealer or garage wouldn't cost alot or even going in and asking if you live within a reasonable distance.

Well today I fixed it!

I stripped down the passenger door and ran some checks on the wiring to the lock. All ok.

I then stripped down the drivers and swapped the locks over. It worked in passenger door.

So I went to the local scrapyard and stripped another door down!

Returned home reassembled both doors. Pressed the button and it locks!

£25 well spent!

Well today I fixed it!

I stripped down the passenger door and ran some checks on the wiring to the lock. All ok.

I then stripped down the drivers and swapped the locks over. It worked in passenger door.

So I went to the local scrapyard and stripped another door down!

Returned home reassembled both doors. Pressed the button and it locks!

£25 well spent!

Good job! and you saved some money doing it your self. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club