Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Clutch?

Chumley01273

Hi wonder if there is anyone out there that can help me (I am sure there is!)

I have a Focus estate 1.8 X Reg (2000) and have noticed that the clutch is starting to slip a little in top gear. I have taken it to a 'guy a mate knows' and he has quoted £350 to supply and fit the clutch! I am able to get the parts for about £60 and was wondering is it such a horrible job that he had to wack a load of labour on!? I am very mechanically minded and am aware that the kit comprises of the concentric and it is this that "is the pain in the !Removed!"

Can you shed some light on this for me

Hope you are all well and happy!?

Regards

Chumley

you can get it done for about £100 - £150 labour plus part.

no idea where you get 100-150 to do it thats just not gonna happen for one the subframe needs dropped so the car needs realigned when put back together also the driveshaft needs rem oved so new gearbox oil and driveshaft seal new brake/clutch fluid as well in parts alone it comes to more than £100 and for £350 mate ford will do it for you at that price i paid £347 for a full clutch kit on my mk1 at ford that was clutch pressure plate slave cylinder all oils and seals and vat

just had it done for this on my fiesta £250...

Thanks guys that helps I might just go to Ford and ask them for a price .... at least I know its done properly!! Thanks for your assistance

no worries a fiesta isnt a focus mate diff gearbox clutch and totally different method to get the gear box out

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club