Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Paint And Lights

mrHman

Hey ppl. I was thinking of spray painting my standard 5 spoke zetec alloys in satin black and would like some opinions on what everyone may think of that and also roughly how much it would cost to get them professionally sprayed. Also was thinking of upgrading my brake light bulbs and indicators to LED, does anyone know if this is legal?

Thanks

You can get your wheels professionally powder coated for about £60 a corner.

LED Bulbs in brakes and indicators is legal but you will find that unless you fit resistors or leave one pair of standard bulbs in the indicator loop you will find your indicators will flash too fast.

For your indicators I'd recommend clear or smoked side repeaters and LED front / standard rear.

Cheers stoney. Also was thinking of tinting the rear lights. However I remember reading somewhere that you have to leave the reflective part of the rear light clear, is this true?

The rear reflectors on the Focus are located on the Fog and reversing light housings so if you do tint the main lights you should still be ok.

That's for a Mk2/ 2.5 car

Don't mean to hi-jack, but Clive, have you any experience of LED stop/tail bulbs?

Reason I ask is I have retro-fitted Mk2.5 rear lights and have fitted an LED strip at the top of them for the dual-lit look of the top-spec LED lights. But of course the LED strip at the top is a deeper red that the standard halogen bulb at the bottom. So I was thinking about trialling some red LED stop/tail bulbs for a colour match, but have read worrying reviews about the performance and safety of LED brake bulbs, especially during daytime if I remember right. Any opinions/advice?

Thanks Andy. I have the mk1 facelift btw but it still has those lower reflectors so I should be fine then from what you said

I use led brake bulbs and have no problems at all.

Perfectly bright enough even on very sunny days and respond faster than standard bulbs imho.

Have you a link for the ones you use pal?