Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Granada Scorpiocan Any Of You Help.i Have A Granada Scorpio 91 V6 2.9I Auto...runs Perfectly...then Following Morning..refuses To Start..then After A

darklord

can any of you help.i have a granada scorpio 91 v6 2.9i auto...runs perfectly...then following morning..refuses to start..then after a VERY long time of fiddling..it starts up..then runs perfectly again..then repeat.thought it was alarm..today..no response..only thing i didnt hear was the 'ticking'noise which happens everytime you open a door for 5-10 secs..seems to have stopped..any ideas what that is??...now i adjusted sparks plugs,and it fired up..but its running extremely erratically..its going up n down with power..,trys to stall but wont..then engine runs smooth again...then erratically...cylinder missing...then normal again....any ideas???its either what that ticking noise was or coil..urgent please thanks

post is a bit confusing...

if i understand it correctly, runs perfect, come out following morning, wont start....after loads of 'fiddling' , it starts and runs fine.

so what were you 'fiddling' with to make it start....was the engine turning over fine but not firing or sounding like a low/flat battery?

then you mention alarm and no response???

does that mean engine wasnt turning over?

not sure what you mean by ticking noise when opening the door, unless you mean the chime

then go on to say about adjusting s.plugs..

so when you adjusted the plugs, engine then turned over and started but ran rough, then ok then rough....

so, are you still having starting problems or is it now starting but running rough?

we really need a much more detailed explanation of exactly what happens, what you do when your fiddling, and what exactly is going on, without that I am afraid we can only guess blindly?

ok...none of the fiddling(cleaning connecters etc)made a difference.only when i adjusted the spark plug gaps it fired up...but from the previous day when it ran perfectly...it now runs very erratically...runs smooth..then drops power,skips,then trys to stall,then runs smooth again..then repeat.it revs instantly still,but power goes up n down..trys to skip.thought it was alarm stopping it starting..because the alarm suddenly started working..so removed door sensors,switched to Manuel off.the only thing that has stopped is the ticking noise from inside the car..not a chime.

ohh n the engine turns over perfectly...just no response to fire at the time.thanks for responding btw :)

Water in electrics ? Poor earth? Blocked fuel lines ?

So many possible I think but I suspect two bugs at the wrong time.

known problem with corrosion in fuse boxes, could be causing you problems

but, before anything else...just the fact you had to adjust the spark plugs would make me want to change them, only reason they would need adjusting is because the central electrode has worn down, so start off with a new set

if that fails to settle the idle down, then remove and clean the ISC valve see if that improves matters.

still not clear what you mean by ticking when opening the door, i understand it has now stopped, but i get the impression that this is something that normally happened before the problem started???? im not aware of anything on the granada that would normally do this...its this that is making me think you may well have a fuse box problem.....but like i said, first step, change the plugs and take it from there.

cheers...the damn 'ticking'noise is well bugging when its always been there,wat-ever it was it continued after the door was shut from passenger side....guna miss it.lol so far(after plugs adjusted)it starts everytime,but runs rough....am just confused how it can go weeks running perfectly..then refuse to start for a day...then fire up..run perfectly again for weeks again.its this last week its decided to 'die' twice on trot...start up run perfect for a day then die again.....damp possible.ill give you a list possibles you can say yes or no to with this problem....coil fault,fuel injectors, distributor fault,ht cable's fault...its just like individual cylinders are not receiving constant fuel mix..then they are,then not....but rev the engine..instant response.but not static. I WILL SOLVE THIS!!! LOL cheers for the advice :))))) will let yno

well........sorted.....turns out it was none of the above..did the ics valve etc no change....but noticed something when the engine was hot.4 out of 6 spark plugs where 'leaking' thru the top of them.manufacturing fault....or mi car had just eaten them,only 2 mths olds aswell.so car back to being totally evil :).big thanks for all your advice.

Thanks for advising the feedback, its certainly going to come in useful somewhere!

though i wont pretend to say i understand what you mean by spark plugs leaking through the top...seemed the obvious starting point when you said adjusted them then it runs...

evil is a great description for the 2.9 :D

mine is being sold on on friday, only the 2.0 but loved the car...just not using enough to make it worth keeping.

when back in the market for a car, the 2.9 is on the bucket list unless i can find a near mint 2.8 mk11 that is....should never had sold that puppy :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club