Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Idiling??

tomtino91

Hi there, new to the forum so here goes first question. My 2.0 Zetec seems to idle high when in gear, feel like its pulling itsself along a bit quicker than it should. And if I coast upto traffic lights in neutral, the revs sit at around 1500rpm but as soon as the car comes to a stop, the revs drop to 900rpm. Its fine on motorways but in town or traffic, always on the brake as the car just pulls itsself along at 1500rpm without any throttle. Not sure if its a vacume hose or a sensor but have put new spark plugs in and that changed it marginally. Thanks for looking, Tom

sounds like the MAF or ICV is problematic, remove and clean both if you are handy with a spanner!

I checked the MAF this evening and it looks fairly clean, hard to tell as is surrounded by a plastic casing. Ill look at the ICV tomorrow eve but thanks for head up!!

no worries, have you managed to look at the ICV?

I checked it today, unplugged it and there was some dirt in and around connector. Plugged it back in and seems to be a bit better. Might go to a scrappy n get one to try out

let us know how it goes, at least so far you had a slightly positive outcome from a quick look!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club