Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone And Bluetooth

k13r4n

Ok sorry if this has been covered before but here goes.

My partners mum had just today got a 13 plate c-max complete with bluetooth and voice control. She has an iPhone 4(s) and was told it isn't compatible with the cars bluetooth.

Is this the case ?

I dont quite see why... Perhaps the car uses one language, and the apple uses mac language. The bluetooth link between the two is a general language, plain english if you will, but that doesnt mean to say either party at either end of the connection can understand the other...

Like a conversation between an english and french child, unless they both speak a common language, the connection can be made, but sense cannot be made of the other parties comments...

Hi there,

I have heard this too.

My wife recently had a new focus and the garage told her that she may have some issues with it.

To be honest I configred an iPhone 4 & 5 to it and they work fine.

I think the only thing where it slips up a bit is the talk to text thing.

• 2 weeks later...

My son has a 4S and has no trouble using it in his astra, (I know it's a Poxhall),

And I've had 3 or 4 different blue tooth phones including a 3GS and 4S with a nokia CK-7W aftermarket unit so I don't see why she should have any trouble with it.

It might be that the whoever told her that doesn't know how to pair them together.

Have a look in the owners manual, it might be in there