1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

k13r4n

Iphone And Bluetooth

5 posts in this topic

Ok sorry if this has been covered before but here goes.

My partners mum had just today got a 13 plate c-max complete with Bluetooth and voice control. She has an iPhone 4(s) and was told it isn't compatible with the cars Bluetooth.

Is this the case ?

I dont quite see why... Perhaps the car uses one language, and the apple uses mac language. The bluetooth link between the two is a general language, plain english if you will, but that doesnt mean to say either party at either end of the connection can understand the other...

Like a conversation between an english and french child, unless they both speak a common language, the connection can be made, but sense cannot be made of the other parties comments...

Hi there,

I have heard this too.

My wife recently had a new focus and the garage told her that she may have some issues with it.

To be honest I configred an iphone 4 & 5 to it and they work fine.

I think the only thing where it slips up a bit is the talk to text thing.

My son has a 4S and has no trouble using it in his astra, (I know it's a Poxhall),

And I've had 3 or 4 different blue tooth phones including a 3GS and 4S with a nokia CK-7W aftermarket unit so I don't see why she should have any trouble with it.

It might be that the whoever told her that doesn't know how to pair them together.

Have a look in the owners manual, it might be in there