Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mileage Query

dizwod

Hi All just a question in this.

basicly get good miles from car however when it gets to say around 120 miles left every 0.5miles or less it closks as one mile. I drive the same as always which is at or below speed limit correct gears and such, but seems when it gets to around the 100 mark it starts to drop dramaticcly.

On last tank it supposedly took me 27miles to drive home from work which is a 6 mile drive, normally it tracks fine, tank is just under quart full.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

are you still getting good miles per tank? its probably just a calibaration issue and it should sort itself out over time assuming its a new car

Well yeah, its just wen it gets to around 120 miles left it starts dropping 2 or 3 miles per mile, which obviously means the last quart of a tank is only 50 miles or so

Yeah just give it a few weeks then and see how it goes, you can also just have a quick look around the fuel lines to make sure there isnt any leaks.. i noticed my mileage was dropping too only to notice one of the diesel return pipes had come off!

Car is only a few months old, and has happened on every tank so far, done 220 miles so far and the last 100 just drops crazilly no leaks or anything like that, as I would assume this would be the case for the rest of the miles not just the last 100 or so miles on the clock.

they dont tend to be very accurate as they will calculate based of your average mpg, if you dont have any leaks then there shouldnt be anything to worry about as long as your getting good mileage

Its just a pain as when i have around 120 miles left I cant trust it and the miles drop so much. the avergae MPG is 38. Just dont see why it would suddenly change for the last quart of a tank...

Could be the fuel level sensor failing when it gets to a certain level...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club