Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revs Hanging While Changing Gear?sensor?

stooge75

noticed a few times that when changing from,say 4th to 5th gear,if the revs are at 2k when putting clutch in,they'll stay at 2k for a few seconds. if i double clutch they'll come down slowly. very strange indeed.

anyone got any idea's? ive been thinking along lines of clutch/aaccelerator sensor mechanism,but wanted to ask here 1st in case anyone's came across this before. only happens every now & then,but you know these motors,it'll end up happening more n more lol

i know some fordds have this c*ap anti stall feature but it cant be that surely.also was thinking of clutch sensor.mmm

could be the clutch pedal switch faulty as its all drive by wire if you look up by the peddle you will see it tucked behind it with wires coming off it

Thats programmed into the ecu to hold the revs momentarily when changing gear. Apparently Ford cant trust us to change gear smoothly so they do it for us

• Like 1

Thats programmed into the ecu to hold the revs momentarily when changing gear. Apparently Ford cant trust us to change gear smoothly so they do it for us

The ECU also backs off the torque when the clutch is pressed, to give a smoother up-change, apparently, and stops you revving the engine hard with the clutch pedal in, so its difficult to slip the clutch when you want to

The ECU also backs off the torque when the clutch is pressed, to give a smoother up-change, apparently, and stops you revving the engine hard with the clutch pedal in, so its difficult to slip the clutch when you want to

i thought it was only the 2.2 with torque limiter

i thought it was only the 2.2 with torque limiter

The torque is restricted in 1st and 2nd on the 2.2

But on all mk3 TDCIs - the ECU also backs off the torque when the clutch is pressed, to give a smoother up-change, apparently, and stops you revving the engine hard with the clutch pedal in, so its difficult to slip the clutch when you want to

Most modern cars have things like that on them (a kind of "big brother"/ nanny for your driving) - it also helps to protect the DMF/ Clutch

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club