Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After Much Await.....

jacksargent93

cant seem to find that pic, but anyway you need to get a 5w5 also known as T10 bulb, LED Bulbs would be better

simply push them in, have a look underneath an simply push, and if your door is open they should come on, if they don't first take it out turn it round and push back in

Right so lights ordered. I hope this works!

yeh me too, you might be one of the few lucky ones with the loom already fitted

Well I saw a cable type thing going into the back of it, so hopefully...

Think the loom is actually relatively common on the pre-facelifts as opposed to the facelifts. If you're really dying to test them you have the same bulbs in your sidelights, courtesy lights behind the sun-visor and even your boot light if you wanna pop any of those out to try.

And if/when you LED the footwells, you'll be wanting to do the rest of the interior lighting to match!

Thats a good idea, /I thought they looked like the capless sidelights. Well they are ordered now so I hope it works, as I have no chance on making a loom or whatever haha. Yep maybe ignition barrell would be next. But then I really like the thought of puddle lights... Hmmm

So just put in my new bulbs - not got round to fogs yet... Will upload pictures later see how they work (hopefully good, it was £15 for sides,dipped, full beams and fogs)

Also, whilst changing them over, thought I would stick one of my sidelights in the foot 'i hope to have a loom' well..... Turns out I do and then there was light! So pleased - so cant wait for my LEDs to turn up a fit them!

Okay so here is crappy pictures of the headlights (can't get a good one) and my footwell lights - which I am really pleased. Any suggestions on what I could do next?? post-43665-0-37976300-1370212099_thumb.jpost-43665-0-16545900-1370212118_thumb.jpost-43665-0-04517000-1370212133_thumb.jpost-43665-0-72224500-1370212154_thumb.j

Yeah they are nice and white :-)

Get the main interior light blue too match if you haven't ?

A smart metal tax disc holder if you haven't already.

The heating dials changed to the ones everyone's seems to have if you haven't already..

The illuminated gear knob perhaps ?

Yeah they are nice and white :-)

Get the main interior light blue too match if you haven't ?

A smart metal tax disc holder if you haven't already.

The heating dials changed to the ones everyone's seems to have if you haven't already..

The illuminated gear knob perhaps ?

Yeah thanks - dials are on the way from china :) Yeah I would like to do the dome light - any idea whats size it would be? Tax disc holder is in my basket ;)

Gear knob would be a good one - any idea on fitting and what kind of gear knob?
Regards

Yeah thanks - dials are on the way from china :) Yeah I would like to do the dome light - any idea whats size it would be? Tax disc holder is in my basket ;)

Gear knob would be a good one - any idea on fitting and what kind of gear knob?
Regards

good good we all love some dials :P

cant remember the size, easy to pop out and measure though...

with regards to the gear knob .. i havent got one type you model focus and what you are after that should find it and fitment i dont have a clue .. no doubt there will be a guide on here somewhere of how to do it though .. have a browse !! :)

Dials fitted - Mud flaps have come, thanks Gary! Just got to keep the right screwdriver to fit them.

BUT tried fitting my dome light - I thought I needed 38mm but that was too small, so thinking 42mm... And then ended up blowing a fuse ( I think ) as the light doesnt work at all nor my footwell LEDs - I know nothing about fuses so will pop it to Ford tomorrow, hopefully they wont rip me off.. Pictures to follow

I blew three fuses fitting all my LED's lol. Buy yourself a pack of mini fuses from eBay and with a pair of pliers, pull out the fuse and plug in the new one... it really is a simple process :)

My only problem is is which fuse is it?Where is it located? haha - so did my fuse blow because it wasnt the right watts?

And damn these mudflaps are turning out to be right ole mission, got the front fitted, I think for the back I will have to take the wheels off?? Any suggestions welcome :)

On my CMAX, its footwell fusebox, then (off the top of my head) bottom row, 5th in from the right.

it should be in your handbook, or if you still have the foam cover on the bottom of the fuseboard, it should be in there.

Failing that, look at Stoney871's signature, he has the fusebox layouts in there...

All done - just ended up taking to a Nissan garage and got them to do it for £13...

So can anyone tell me why this happened? Wrong size bulb?

did you switch the light unit off before you started changing bulbs? I kept forgetting to switch it off, so I shorted it out...

Yeah the switch was down to left so the light never came on no matter doors opened or shut and all that

All i know is the bulb i tried was a 38mm festoon - which i realised was too small - surley that wouldnt have messed it up??

Dont go overboard on modding this car...It will look chavy and dump lol such as illuminated gear stick, blue centre light, blue led in headlight you know what i mean - I laugh when i see lads my age in a car and spent all their money on something that wont last 10 minutes...especially when you done 5 cars already hahah :p

I did this with my 307 and it looked class... everyone loved it, wasnt too much and not to little...gave it a sport look. Well all that money went down the drain when i rolled it. (take a look on link in siggy) i used to bomb around thinking everyroad was a race course and thinking i was awesome as i just passed my test (every copper on here will more than likely agree) then i learnt my lesson...now i drive taking the time laughing at others who do still bomb around as they are spending more on fuel, tyres, servicing etc....just not worth it plus that and my old passengers would go scatty. hahaha

anyways BTT, thats enough of grandad John for the night hahaha

The reason the fuse blown is because you possibly shorted the connections out somehow...electrical diagrams are my fortay - spelling isnt lol

but a few prices may help:

your handbrake button will cost around £10 from a ford dealer and is easy as click off click on.

I got my car tinted with the one below limo tints for £120, which was including military discount at the time....

LEDs are iirc 42mm festoon bulb...pick up from www.crazyleds.co.uk (i highly recommend this guy, not cheapest in the world but its good quality)

Carbon wrap, you can pick far too much up from eBay for about £10 aswell.

I wouldnt do anything with the exterior or what would change the way car handles or performs as you will have to declare it and as a guess, after 5 cars i bet your insurance aint cheap haha mine is around £700-£800 fully comp at 23 years old with 3 years NCB...

Thanks for the options, opinions and tips buddy! You would be very surprised with my insurance.... £700 fully comp! Haha I feel I got a bargain now :P

It may seem overboard but this car has been my most favourite, and when I do these little things it makes me like it even more - to be honest, the last thing I am is a chav, and most chavs around me seem to stick and £25 induction kit in their 1.2 car and thats it :L

So it is just little things I want to do - to make it stand out from all the !Removed! little corsas and saxos around here.

I have hd only one accident and definitely learnt my lesson from the experience. So doing these little things doesn't make me drive like nob, unfortunately I am uni student who travels 60 miles day, so cant afford to drive a !Removed! :L

But when I am back off holiday I think tinted windows is defiantly the next thing to do.. Might try and do the the 2 back windows and get the read professionally done - maybe make it a bit cheaper?

• Like 1

Yeah sorry if i came across a chopper, in my opinion there is a fine balance of modding your car to where it looks good then dump if that makes sense.

I know what you mean with the chavs, they add the extra baked bean can on back to make it sound worse

You have to have the patience of a saint to do tints yourself. I tried before i went and got done properly what a ball ache it was lol

I feel your love for this car, since owning my focus and ive loved every second and will be gutted when it comes to sell up

If you take a look through some of my links below i should have some

Piccys of what carbon wrapping and heater dials look like with square radio