Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After Much Await.....

jacksargent93

Yeah sorry if i came across a chopper, in my opinion there is a fine balance of modding your car to where it looks good then dump if that makes sense.

I know what you mean with the chavs, they add the extra baked bean can on back to make it sound worse

You have to have the patience of a saint to do tints yourself. I tried before i went and got done properly what a ball ache it was lol

I feel your love for this car, since owning my focus and ive loved every second and will be gutted when it comes to sell up

If you take a look through some of my links below i should have some

Piccys of what carbon wrapping and heater dials look like with square radio

I totally agree with this johnH! Less is more in my book! Not that we are trying to put a downer on your modding experience jack, just make sure you dont over step that line where your hard earned money that you have spent on mods has made your car look cheap! The key which i think works for most cars is put the best of your cars manufactuer parts on your car make it look like the better specced model!

Eg.

Ford > put ST/ZS/Titanium bits on it!

Audi > S line parts

Vauxhall > Vxr parts

You know what i mean! Theres a reason why car designers get paid so much to design cars they know what they are doing, and the higher spec models have subtle changes that go a long way! Of course add your own we tweaks to make it personal to you! Just try and not stray too far from the OEM look!

Im not saying your chaving your car out, just a wee friendly reminder not overstep the mark! Plus your a student i wouldnt want to see you waste cash! ;)

Haha thanks a lot guys - really appreciate it. Yeah I want to try and keep it as OEM as I can, but also with in my price - such as the mud flaps I got off Gary, and I would prefer Ford alloys, but I just wouldn't be able to afford them, so I think aftermarkets will be what I go for.

But I do understand where you are coming from with more being less, window tints is defiantly next. I would also love to get a new spoiler as well.

Good man! ST spoiler i hope? Nothing else looks good in my opinion! I know what you mean about the alloys! That would the only non ford item i would get, some cracking wheels out there that suit the focus well! Im just happy with the standard 17"s that come with the ZS.

Ii bought a pair once didnt fit the car right to much possitive offset and i scraped them on a kerb, they had a chrome lip too :( never again broke my heart!

ST spoiler fit my 05 plate?? Would it look okay in black also or would you sugest I had it painted in silver? Again, I'm thinking money :)

I would get it colour coded with your car! Colour coding is visually one of the best things you could do, looks really well! But like you say its expensive. Yeah should fit from an ST of the same year! My car has the ST spoiler on it.

Sweet, yeah your right. Before I do that I need to upload some pictures and stuff!

I have a feeling that would look strange on my car :/

Without the rear end looking the same it may look a little odd

The RS spoiler suits the RS because it has aggressive styling, the ST spoiler would be more subtle and suited to your car! My opinion of course lol

I'd agree with the ST spoiler mate, and a +1 for colour coding. This could be done on the door strips and other black plastics too. Lucky enough for you, the ST obviously came in your colour, unlike my Jeans Blue, so you may be able to pick up parts in your colour without the need to budget for respray. Even the Mk2.5 facelift spoiler is a nice upgrade from the standard black plastic one. All Mk2 and 2.5 spoilers are interchangable as far as I know, and there are guides on here for fitting.

I have an RS spoiler fitted, but only cos I picked it up for peanuts in swap for a standard replacement, and with it being gloss black it didn't need colour coded.

I'd agree too with the idea of fitting higher spec Ford parts...facelift rear lights is a mod I've done recently and love the upgrade (really need to get that guide sorted!)

Did you get the mudflaps sorted then mate?

Okay so thats final, when I can afford a spoiler, it will be an ST spoiler :)

Yeah mate, got the front two put on - just need to find time to remove the read wheels and put them ones on, was a bit of a pain putting them on as it was a bit of a bodge job - but saying that, they fit perfect around the body, cant wait to put the rear on now.

So no more modding from me now until 3 weeks time, going to miss my car :(

• 4 weeks later...

okay so got back eventually! And came home to my FOC stickers.. :D

But was thinking, I should probably get the windows tinted before I apply the stickers, right?!

So my plans when funds are available and also time... Tinted windows, fit rear mud flaps, and still alloys :(