Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Unit Upgrade

Theiceking

Hi. I have a 2004 facelift mondeo and am wanting to replace the standard head unit with a nice after market sat nav/DVD player I can't seem to find a straight replacement and think I'm gonna have to do some modding of the stereo facia to get one to fit? Any help would be great before I start hacking away at the dash many thanks Stuart

If you can put up a photo of your current radio and dash I'll have a look around for you.

• Like 1

Hi. I have a 2004 facelift mondeo and am wanting to replace the standard head unit with a nice after market sat nav/DVD player I can't seem to find a straight replacement and think I'm gonna have to do some modding of the stereo facia to get one to fit? Any help would be great before I start hacking away at the dash many thanks Stuart

post-43844-0-71743000-1369414595_thumb.j

Just posted a pic. Thanks for your help :)

Yep that fascia i linked will do the job for you.

Glad to help.

Thanks for that :) don't suppose you got any recommendations on head unit ??

I'm not much of an aftermarket radio type but there are plenty of members here that have fitted one.

aldi used to sell a quite good one & was only 50 odd quid. had bluetooth answer hands free,plus aux etc

also i think halfordds are doing a sony just now for about same price .think they knocked third off it for weekend/monday

Id suggest going for a quality named brand or one that is fitted by the same company. that way you either have a good system or good comeback if it doesnt work.

I have heard several people who have bought the cheaper chinese (ebay) models. some have worked, some havent, its a chance you take also some have had to pay duty also when it comes into the country, which has taken the total price quite a bit. The problem is, if the radio doesnt work and you have to return it, they often have in the sales clause, that you have to pay the postage, which can be quite hefty. Then its all over again paying duty again.

In the mean time, if you have bought it from eBay and it has taken over the 45 day limit to open a dispute,,,,,, what do you know they stop answering emails and wont refund you money and your screwed. Happened to me and several other buyers. Thankfully mine was only for about £30 as apposed to £300

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club