• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mn2

mn2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hello can any one help i have a mk 1 focus no a 1999 the central locking s just stopped working not even the button no the dash which open s the boot work s any more the only way to open the car is to un lock each door by hand or by the key
thank s

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 anabol_lectar

anabol_lectar

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0
Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

Hi mate, I had similar problem. Found out the fuse had blown. If you look under passenger side dash it is located there. You will have to remove the container that holds your stuff in the dash. Then work the fuse box down to the floor, that bit is a bit of a struggle and can be a pain in the !Removed!, but you should be fine. Then just a simple matter of changing the fuse ;)

It would be a good idea to not put it back to its original place for a day or two incase the fuse goes again... which happened to me :rolleyes: so to save you the hassle I would put it back to its home after a couple of days just incase the fuse does go later that day or following day. If it does go then it suggests one of your remote central locking mechanisms is faulty, which happened to me.

Hope this helps :D

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,648 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hi mate, I had similar problem. Found out the fuse had blown. If you look under passenger side dash it is located there. You will have to remove the container that holds your stuff in the dash. Then work the fuse box down to the floor, that bit is a bit of a struggle and can be a pain in the !Removed!, but you should be fine. Then just a simple matter of changing the fuse ;)

It would be a good idea to not put it back to its original place for a day or two incase the fuse goes again... which happened to me :rolleyes: so to save you the hassle I would put it back to its home after a couple of days just incase the fuse does go later that day or following day. If it does go then it suggests one of your remote central locking mechanisms is faulty, which happened to me.

Hope this helps :D

if you squeeze the sides of the glove box in, the glove box should drop no problem. ive not had any problems with it on my car yet, pulled out very easily.

but as said, check the fuses behind the glove box

#4 mn1

mn1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: focus mk1
Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

:huh: hello mate thank you i will have a look i have had the fuse box out all fuse are ok so i will take a look ate the locking side off it thank you :blink:

#5 anabol_lectar

anabol_lectar

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0
Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

:huh: hello mate thank you i will have a look i have had the fuse box out all fuse are ok so i will take a look ate the locking side off it thank you :blink:

Thats a shame mate that its not simly a fuse.

I had to replace my passenger side mechanism not cheap from dealer, I ended up getting it from a local breakers.

#6 fordtech

fordtech

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

The fuse is on the back side of the fusebox and obscured by the wiring.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users