Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Problem.

Malcolmcelyn

Focus 1.6 LX 2000 (X-reg, Mk 1?).

Central locking using fob:

Passenger and two rear doors unlock properly.

Tailgate unlocks properly.

Drivers door - locks/unlocks with key, but NOT fob.

If I try to lock all doors with fob, passenger and rear doors lock momentarily, then unlock.

If I do this after locking the drivers door manually, they lock and stay locked. They also unlock, but the drivers door stays locked.

Have reset Siemens box under dash.

Have oiled lock mechanism on drivers door, both externally and at the interior handle.

Re-programmed remote using ignition/off 6 times etc.

I assumed that as lock works with key that fuses would be ok. However, I'm now wondering if this is a problem with the fuse for the drivers door.

Fuse box is behind glove box. What number fuse is the drivers door central locking?

Is it the infamous number 63?

Anything else I should try after replacing fuses?

Sorry its long winded but there are so many different central locking problems I wanted to be sure I was looking for the correct answer!

Many thanks......

It sounds like a common mondeo problem to me, the drivers door module has probably failed and as it won't lock on the remote, the central locking system won't allow the other doors to lock, that's why the other door locks bounce back open when trying to lock the drivers door with the remote.

The common consensus is to replace the drivers door module with one from the same year and spec from a scrappy, and go from there.

Hope this helps

It sounds like a common mondeo problem to me, the drivers door module has probably failed and as it won't lock on the remote, the central locking system won't allow the other doors to lock, that's why the other door locks bounce back open when trying to lock the drivers door with the remote.

The common consensus is to replace the drivers door module with one from the same year and spec from a scrappy, and go from there.

Hope this helps

Oh bugger! Thanks for the reply Hubby. Was hoping not to have to take the door card off, but there you go. I've heard it's possible the micro switch on the door module needs cleaning so I'll try that first. If no luck, I will have to try your replacement suggestion. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club