philiprbrown

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: Philip
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Ok, Having done a bit of panicky research across the forums, the suggestion was to disconnect the battery for 15 mins and hope for a reset - which I duly did.

This appears to have cured the issue with the HEC as all appears to be functioning correctly. The SRM module also still works so feeling like a very lucky boy at the moment.

In light of my antics this morning my best advice would be to STAY AWAY FROM HEC CONFIGURATION PAGE 3 unless you know what you are doing.

Thanks all for your help

Phil

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 Jojofish99

Jojofish99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Joe
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hi Gaz,

Well done to Phil, Unfortunately i'm still struggling. I did what you advised, I've got outgoing and incoming calls but still no in car audio. Mic works fine and the voice button shows "voice" on the radio but without any vocal feedback i'm not sure whats going on with the SRM. Please see the attached, i'm getting this whenever I try to write current config  to the HEC. Not sure what it means as the info seems to be there? Ive checked the wiring as far as I can see could it be as simple as aAttached File  screenshot.pdf   452.5KB   25 downloads plug missing somewhere?

Cheers. Joe.

#33 philiprbrown

philiprbrown

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Joe

I presume you have the audio patch lead suggested by Gaz in post #2 of this thread?

Having looked at your screenshot, i dont recognise the user interface for the version of the software you are using. Have you used the link provided by Gaz in post #28 as this is the one that I used and which worked.

Cheers

Phil

#34 Jojofish99

Jojofish99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hi Phil,

Yes ive done the patch lead and tried the suggested version neither works? Joe

#35 Gaz RS

Gaz RS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Name: Garry
  • Ford Model: Focus RS
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hi Phil/ Joe, sorry I haven't been on here the past couple of days I was at the RS show at Croft on Sunday and got called out to work today :(

I'm sorry you had a few problems, I did know about the the HEC problem but didn't expect you to go into that as I never had to. I only needed to look at the SRM. This may have been sorted in the latest version I'm not sure!

I'm pleased to read that you managed to sort everything out, just remember that if you intend to alter anything else PLEASE BACK UP USING THE SAVE CONFIGURATION FUNCTION

If you want to keep up to date with this software use google translate to read the Russian thread http://ffclub.ru/top...02511/#comments

Joe, the picture suggests your using the wrong software,  as I said above I never had to alter anything on the HEC.

When you open elmconfig 0.2.5 which is in the download on post #28 did you go into ELM Setup and press Setup ELM327 for MS-CAN bus?

Capturesb.JPG

When you say you have no audio does this mean no music or just voice and phone audio?

#36 Jojofish99

Jojofish99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hi Gaz,

I used the incorrect software first and then changed to the ST software when it wouldn't work. I did use the ELM Setup and press Setup ELM327 for MS-CAN bus.The music is fine and cuts out for "calls" just no audio on the voice/ phone.

Cheers

#37 Gaz RS

Gaz RS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Joe, I think it could only be that the settings need to be changed , if you try again using version 0.2.5 of elmconfig, change the settings in SRM to the same as in the picture and see if that works.

Capture2.JPG

#38 philiprbrown

philiprbrown

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

When i set up my SRM, i wasnt given the option highlighted above. I instead chose 'Bluetooth & USB' i have used this several times today with no problems.

Gaz, thanks. The HEC thing was my fault as i got curious.

Phil

#39 Jojofish99

Jojofish99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hi Gaz

Tried that and every other config too. Beginning to wonder if its a dodgy SRM now? Checked the wiring again today and no joy there. Joe.

#40 Gaz RS

Gaz RS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

You may be right Joe, one more thing to try.

In SRM press on Procedures and then on Reset Module then check the other setting in Configuration, after that I wouldn't know what to suggest :(

#41 Gaz RS

Gaz RS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

When i set up my SRM, i wasnt given the option highlighted above. I instead chose 'Bluetooth & USB' i have used this several times today with no problems.

Gaz, thanks. The HEC thing was my fault as i got curious.

Phil

Phil I've looked at the setting in a few versions of elmconfig and non have just " Bluetooth & USB " can you confirm what version you used and the exact setting, you can have a look using offline function. This might help Joe.

#42 philiprbrown

philiprbrown

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Gaz, Sorry you are correct  in your above screenshot, this is what I used. Not quite sure where I saw the option I described although in my defence Sunday morning was a bit of a panic when it all looked to be going wrong!!

Definitely version 0.2.5 as well

Cheers

Phil

#43 Jojofish99

Jojofish99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hi Gaz/Phil,

Unfortunately no joy it looks like a new SRM . Ordered it today should be here by Friday. Watch this space. "I'll be back" Joe.

#44 Jojofish99

Jojofish99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hi Phil/Gaz,

Sorry for not getting back sooner I've been away for a couple of weeks.

I've found the problem! One of the cables on  the small white plug on the back of the Head unit was just out of the plug. probably shifted it when I slid the unit out early doors :iim:. May be of use to someone if it happens again somewhere? I've got to sus out how the voice commands work now! Thanks again for your help and patience with this. Joe

#45 philiprbrown

philiprbrown

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

joe,

Great news. Enjoy

Phil

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users