• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Name: Garry
  • Ford Model: Focus RS
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hi Phil/Gaz,

Sorry for not getting back sooner I've been away for a couple of weeks.

I've found the problem! One of the cables on  the small white plug on the back of the Head unit was just out of the plug. probably shifted it when I slid the unit out early doors :iim:. May be of use to someone if it happens again somewhere? I've got to sus out how the voice commands work now! Thanks again for your help and patience with this. Joe

Thought you'd given up on it Joe, pleased you got there in the end though :)

This will help you with voice  commands Attached File  Ford_BVC_GS_A4_EN.pdf   1.48MB   20 downloads

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Jojofish99

Jojofish99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Joe
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit
  • Year: 2010

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

I said "I'll be back". I wasn't giving up easily!!

Thanks for the instructions

Joe

#48 philiprbrown

philiprbrown

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: Philip
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2.5

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

I have managed to acquire a 19C112 unit to replace my 19g488, have just installed it and all is working fine including the audio streaming.

Only one issue now is the link cable from the old 488 unit  usb to the glovebox USB socket is not compatible with the new 112 unit which has a mini usb connector out.

Can anyone advise the correct part nr for the mini USB to glovebox USB socket to suit the 19c112 unit?

Thanks

Phil

#49 spiceytitanium

spiceytitanium

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Luke
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium TDCi

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

I have just finished retrofitting bluetooth into my Titanium 09 Plate i had to use the patch loom as i had no cable after looking for it, everything communicates fine, except i hear no audio during play back, i have searched for the areas of which the mic and audio patches could go as shown on other topics on here, does anyone have any ideas as i'm now stumped and a little annoyed. I do have my aux cable which was connected in glove box still attached to the stereo loom could this be affecting it?

#50 spiceytitanium

spiceytitanium

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Luke
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium TDCi

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

By way of an update I fitted the microphone, and the audio patch lead and the system works fine now.

Like Jo, I couldn't find the 'empty' connector for the microphone patch lead but seems this is not needed. Mine is a 2010 Focus with a build date of 22/1/2010.

Thanks for your help Gaz

Phil

I am having problems locating where the Audio patch lead goes, could you please let me know where yours was. Mine is 2009 Focus with a build date of 25/06/09. Thanks 

#51 philiprbrown

philiprbrown

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: Philip
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2.5

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away for a while.

From memory and with the glove compartment removed, there was a wiring loom on the LHS. Part of tis was covered with the grey sticky backed foam. Once this was peeled back the audio patch lead was there.

Mine (on a 2010 focus titanium), had a cable loop already plugged in. It was this loop that had to be replaced to make the system work. I do not know if there is a cabling difference between the 2009 and 2010.

Hope this helps a little

Phil

#52 werewhelk

werewhelk

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Tim
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, I wondered if one of you guys (or anyone) could do me a huge favour and post a copy of your saved SRM config file from ELMconfig. This is a duplicate of a question I already asked in the modifications section, but maybe that wasn't the best place (sorry again).

In a nutshell, I bought a used module 8M5T-19C112-AS off ebay but I can't get it to work properly, and I wanted to have a go at restoring a known working config file onto it. At this stage I figure there's nothing to lose by trying it.

Really appreciate any help!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users