Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meguiars Detailing List For New Ford Fiestazs 2013 Race Red

FiestaZS90150

Nice! Post some before and after pics!

Will do i was going to do it tomorrow but am on duty for work so I don't want to get called and be in the middle of doing the car lol. I would have to start all over again. So I'll do it next weekend when I'm on vacation :)

Do you know if I an use liquid wax to seal my alloys? I have a bottle laying around

That's a nice bunch of gear you have there!!!

You can use liquid wax but it may not last long due to the heat from your breaks.

and if i apply more that one coat? will it help?

yeah the kit well i tried to follow your advice and the others too, i know that everyone has their own fav but i think this should be a good start

If you apply maybe 2-3 coats it will last longer, I had a tub of me guides nxt gen wax laying around and I use that on my for now until it runs out.

The kit you've ordered is a very good start, I can't see you having any problems with that at all, the wash mitt is ace, the drying towels are the best Ive ever used and I'm sure your gonna love that dodo juice wax :)

If you apply maybe 2-3 coats it will last longer, I had a tub of me guides nxt gen wax laying around and I use that on my for now until it runs out.

The kit you've ordered is a very good start, I can't see you having any problems with that at all, the wash mitt is ace, the drying towels are the best Ive ever used and I'm sure your gonna love that dodo juice wax :)

how long does is take between coats?

Well i tried to get what you mentionned and try some other stuff mainly from dodo since everyone seems pretty pleased with them =).

will see how it goes on monday when i do the car.

thinking of waxing it in the garage... good idea? no dust but not much daylight lol

I normally leave about an hour minimum between coats of wax on the car bodywork and the wheels, it gives the 1st coat a proper chance to cure.

Waxing in the garage could be difficult if theres not much light but only because it may be difficult to see when the wax has hazed over, saying that the less dust in the air the better, give it a go in the garage and see how you get on.

Quick tip with the orange crush wax, don't apply it too thickly or you'll just be wasting it, that panel pot should get you 3 coats around your car pretty easily. Thin coats work best with dodo juice and it will be a lot easier to buff off in thiner coats as the waste just clogs up your cloths :)

Put a coat on the bonnet then do the wing or bumper and do the finger smear test, if the wax still feels grippy then leave it a bit longer, if it slides straight off then buff away, just remember to have fun with it :)

Okay thanks for the advice. How do you buff of the wax? Do you just wipe off ?

Wipe the panel with the microfibres cloth, then go over it again to make sure you've got all the wax off, it may take a bit of pressure to buff but shouldn't be to difficult, if it's not budging with pressure try spraying your red mist as it will help loosen it off.

Anytime mate!!

Thanks :) so I got the red mist but nit too sure how I should use it? Can I out a layer of it over the wax? Or do I use it take of the muck that will eventually get on the car,?

Oh and do I use the dodo cloth first to take of the wax or do I use the microfiber first?

Use the microfibre to buff the wax off then go over with the dodo cloth.

Red mist is like a top up to your wax, give it atleast a week before you spray any onto the wax and you'll see fantastic results, on a red car it really does bring out the colour. You can use red mist between washes on bird poo and tree sap but if the cars dusty then just wash it with the dodo juice shampoo.

So after a week of applying wax I have to rewash the car before putting red mist?

No not at all, only wash it if it's really dusty, just because road dust and debris can cause swirl mrks if your not careful :)

No not at all, only wash it if it's really dusty, just because road dust and debris can cause swirl mrks if your not careful :)

In addition to that - anything can cause swirl marks :p If you drop a towel or cloth on the floor, don't re use it. Put it to the side to be washed and use a fresh clean one instead.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club