Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying An Estate

Phil.levis

Hi all I've been trying to buy a focus estate year 2000-2004 for about £1000-1400 every focus I have driven has allegedly had a new clutch fitted but when drive them hard in 2nd gear the rev needle seems to over rev after 2000 rmp like the clutch is slipping would this happen if the turbo is on its way out am finding it hard to find a car that does not do this? Can anyone help thanks

The focus clutch bite sits high sounds like youre not taking youre foot comoletely off the clutch its easily done the fact all seem to do it suggests driving style not clutch try it but before accelerating put the clutch foot on the floor away from the pedal

If the turbo was on its way out how would I tell?

the terrible lack of "oomph" when you put your gas pedal to the ground. A great hesitation to move in the first place and then a slow pickup rate of power...

Thanks all for the advise manage to buy one today a 2004 tddi drove miles better than the tdci I drove yesterday

• Like 1

And can I fit a heated front screen to it there is no button on the car for the front screen

You could but to have the screen removed and replaced is about £100-150 a decent working 2nd hand screen £150-300 add in a switch £30 then ford activating it £90-130 assuming the wirings all there as it came on the climate pack heated front screen mirrors and washer jets then the uprated alternator and a 2nd hand timer module from a climate version of the car

Thanks can get the screen cheap as am a windscreen fitter so no trouble there the car is just the zetec model so nothing in it really I just remember going to a guy who races Honda civics and he had a screen made for him and wired it up him self

its doable, but is it cost effective? if everythings there, you get a piece of glass at a cheap price, otherwise if none of the rest is there, then you have one hell of a bill just to have a convenience you will use maybe 1/4 of the year...

Well happy with the focus how many miles if driven right should I get out of a full tank thanks