Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Call Her A Ford Focus, I Call Her Julia!

mixmasterlooney

Built thread for my Julia, 2010 Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6

These photos were taken the day i picked her up from the dealers. I have much planned for her all in good time, she is also a work horse!

sam0305cm.jpg

post-43258-0-60354300-1369584667_thumb.j

post-43258-0-63980500-1369584680_thumb.j

post-43258-0-73590100-1369584693_thumb.j

post-43258-0-78548900-1369584707_thumb.j

• Like 1

The first thing i did was the climate control knob button

Before

20130521195112.jpg

After

20130521195310.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking car , what else do you have planned?

• Like 1

Thanks preew mate, will be blanking off the EGR, wanted to do that today and got lazy with all the sun lol... also will be tinting the windows and installing the fog light DRL's

Most importantly the mod i want to focus on firstly are software wise. i want to change what happens when i press the push start button for example, engine goes off but interior lights stay off and radio stays on and have a second method with a long press that turns off radio and engine but also turns on the interior lights like standard.. not sure how well i will get on with this but i got the ODB 2 cable off a mate today.

Future mods that await my time: Brake caliper painting, windscreen spray type jets, DRL's and possible lowering depending on money

. by the end of the day the car must be functional.

Looking to add a front tow strap and smooth off the stock tow cover. Big plans for mi Julia!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

DRL's Installed

y1pn.jpg
f0hh.jpg
  • Like 2

Smart looking motor there mate ;) DRL's look great. Any links to them, as need to add them to my shopping list ;)

• Like 2

Thanks guys :- )

Some members here have slightly different DRL's as there seems to be different makers. anyways i am blown away with the factory look and factory brightness of these light and everything was included in the kit, the quality of the cables and wires are top notch, perfect kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320923946094?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This is the exact same one i got from this seller. there will be a £15 customs import tax on it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Aaron i like your car too mate it looks sexy.

Anyways slight update, i didn't want to hijack ben's thread anymore banging on about my loom. I took Lenny's advice and checked my wing mirror for the loom and i think i have found it! with lenny theory this means i have the titanium full loom.

I did snap one of the small clips holding the indicator lens in place ever so slightly trying to pry open the mirror casing it wobbles a little bit but still very well secured so no biggy

Here are the cables and connectors going to the mirror the lower cable is for the speaker tweeters and the upper cable goes to the mirror with 6 cables total 3 for the electric motor and 2 for the indicator bulb 1 black i assume some sort of earth

6938.jpg

Under the glass of the mirror on the left is the two cables for the bulb, and the right is for the motor

u3u9.jpg

This image shows an extra cable, on the inside of the mirror so lenny was correct! loom for puddle lights, they are glued onto mirror glass back, black earth and black/red switch live that i assume is connected to one of the other cables for the light grey or orange for live

7tsm.jpg

So Lenny are these two cables for puddle lights? i cannot see any other purpose for them and they are glued in place doing nothing

a5tc.jpg

tks7.jpg

• Like 1

So Lenny are these two cables for puddle lights? i cannot see any other purpose for them and they are glued in place doing nothing

a5tc.jpg

Sorry to say these cables are doing there job mate,

You have heated mirrors which help defrost the lenses in winter same as myself.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha really? that is so disappointing. Hmm how does heated mirrors work? i don't have any buttons for it only the heated windscreen button, is that the same for activating heated mirrors?

I would have thought these cables are too thin to support heated mirrors

• Like 1

Ha ha ha really? that is so disappointing. Hmm how does heated mirrors work? i don't have any buttons for it only the heated windscreen button, is that the same for activating heated mirrors?

I would have thought these cables are too thin to support heated mirrors

Yes heated windscreen also activates heated mirrors,

Small element along the rear of the glass mate you can see the core of the element leading from each cable,

Sorry buddy.

• Like 1

I just looked at your pic of the DRL's in the car park. That's whitgift isn't it lolol.

• Like 1

I guess i will have to do the puddle lights the hard way.

Ben it does actually look like whitgift but nah it isn't. That's the vauxhall market car park in vauxhall. I need to take some more pics of her!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After drilling out the pop rivets holes on the speaker for the ford logo puddle light mod

ljs1.jpg

i was unable to refit the Speakers due to the provided pop rivets that came with the pop rivet tool/gun were too short. The Speakers had insulation between

This was the result of an unsuccessful refit

xa6e.jpg

Pop rivet tool plus rivets: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310723083163?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Cheap and cheerful however rivets are too short. I ordered replacement rivets extra long

Extra long pop rivet: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200835023179?var=500113378187&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Now here is the difference between the two in size

d6pv.jpg

Time to refit the Speakers properly sunday! the finish look shall be original and unmodified

I have a new mod to come and this mod shall be called Project STD (Sexy Transplanted Diesel)

Lenny has inspired me with this mod. Anyways i will be fitting the ST front bumper onto my ZS with a custom paint job and with fully road legal E marked DRL's taken from my current fog lamp grille. The ST bumper will be butchered to fit the DRL's above the fog light similar to the mondeo style DRL's.

After fitting the bumper the car will basically have the complete ST body kit but it's a diesel! hence the name STD

This will be a long term project as the parts are rather expensive plus i can only spare some weekends to work on the car plus i have my current ongoing mods (Footwell lights, ford logo puddle lights, auto wipers/auto headlights and rear clear fog light lens)

I now have most items for the current ongoing mods, here's what to go in this weekend

Pre-wired 501 bulb holders for rear footwell lights

sdo6.jpg

Auto light switch

w0v4.jpg

Light and rain sensor

q86v.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good and look forward to the mods, but the name STD, thats the official name for the clap isnt it :P

Might want to rethink that one :D

STDi Poss :)

• Like 1

Looking good and look forward to the mods, but the name STD, thats the official name for the clap isnt it :P

Might want to rethink that one :D

STDi Poss :)

;- ) The name stays for now mate, it's a TEASER for a future engine mod already on the go, top secret stuff, couple more letters will be added later with a custom badge. Totally top secret and not ready for the public

• Like 1

;- ) The name stays for now mate, it's a TEASER for a future engine mod already on the go, top secret stuff, couple more letters will be added later with a custom badge. Totally top secret and not ready for the public

Well when you are ready to inject LPG into it gis a shout as ive got a lpg system here, Nos for dirty diesel mmmmmm :ph34r:

• Like 1

;- ) the name is a working progress lol.

Half way through with the lighting mods, i barely have any time for mods sucks TBH none the less results!

bxf7.jpg

Only one side complete but looking damn good! my friends and some family members are jelly ha ha

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club