Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Call Her A Ford Focus, I Call Her Julia!

mixmasterlooney

Yeah they look really neat. Did you use the guide on here or just figure it out yourself coz preee's guide adds a switch in the cockpit. Is it just a case of scotchlocking onto the existing lighting loom as I aint bothered about a switch- I want them on when the ignition is on. Soz for thread jacking

Thread jacking is totally fine bro we are all here to share info :D

Yeah i used the guide but to be honest it's pretty straight forward once you've laid out all the parts you won't even need the guide. I did not install the switch as the guide shows that's optional i couldn't be bothered with the extra wiring.

The only part where i really used the guide is double checking the correct cable to tap into with the scotchlock as there is a choice to have DRL dim or totally go off.

The kit also comes with more than enough cable ties to safely and neatly run all wiring securely and permanently

• Like 2

Good info cheers. I was looking at these from the UK. Looks like it works out round about the same as getting the ones from taiwan. What you think?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281183841346

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Good info cheers. I was looking at these from the UK. Looks like it works out round about the same as getting the ones from taiwan. What you think?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281183841346

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah looks good bud, looks like the exact ones i have. These are actually cheaper than the the ones from taiwan because there is a hidden £15 import tax slapped on the price.

plus it comes with warranty, go for it

• Like 3

Nice one thanks for the advice. Gonna get some ordered tomorrow I think

• Like 2

looking good what your plans with the st bumper ???

• Like 1

looking good what your plans with the st bumper ???

I wont be fitting it, i thought about it but i do not want to lose out on having DRL's good as the ones i currently have. so therefore i will not be fitting the ST bumper. Later on it will be used as a template to cut the holes on my ZS bumper for headlamp washers then it's for sale.

The headlamp washer parts has come up to over £300 from ford, can't find it anywhere else so i've been buying it in bits directly from ford thus mean until headlamp washers has been installed and working the ST bumper won't be for sale yet.

I'm in the process of gathering other parts too such as rear brake disc conversion parts, everything is becoming rather expensive and time consuming

• Like 1

I wont be fitting it, i thought about it but i do not want to lose out on having DRL's good as the ones i currently have. so therefore i will not be fitting the ST bumper. Later on it will be used as a template to cut the holes on my ZS bumper for headlamp washers then it's for sale.

The headlamp washer parts has come up to over £300 from ford, can't find it anywhere else so i've been buying it in bits directly from ford thus mean until headlamp washers has been installed and working the ST bumper won't be for sale yet. 

I'm in the process of gathering other parts too such as rear brake disc conversion parts, everything is becoming rather expensive and time consuming

Fair enough I now what you mean about everything becoming expensive ive start to look for side skirts for my 5dr and as if there not hard enough to find the ones i have found are pricey.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Think I'll be calling on your expertise come DRL fitting day. Looking very nice so far ;)

• Like 1

Loving the HID's, been considering this for a while and you've just made my mind up. The whole mot legality part has been putting me off:/

• Like 1

Think I'll be calling on your expertise come DRL fitting day. Looking very nice so far ;)

Definitely mate :D when you're ready. Have you got them now?

Loving the HID's, been considering this for a while and you've just made my mind up. The whole mot legality part has been putting me off:/

Don't be put off dude it can be done legally, it takes a bit of time and patients obtaining all the needed parts but unless you're lucky it will cost you minimum £700 the headlamps alone go for £500/600 on eBay for a pair. Since you've got a titanium you've most likely already have the wiring harness already installed in your car thats £400 quid less :lol:

• Like 1

Nah not yet. Still hunting for reverse/rear fog holder and loom for an MK2/2.5, Excise duty is due next month, and with xmas and Project Stream coming up, mods will be few and far between.

Probably new year ;)

• Like 1

All money I don't have right now. Partners Xmas shopping habits are expensive:/ Hopefully in the new year though. Think i will go with the ST bumper as i don't have DRL's and the washer jet holes being there already would help

• Like 1

Nah not yet. Still hunting for reverse/rear fog holder and loom for an MK2/2.5, Excise duty is due next month, and with xmas and Project Stream coming up, mods will be few and far between.

Probably new year ;)

In the same boat bro my cut off point for mods this year is today although i probably will still do small tweaks here and there. That mod is on my list with only clear fog light lens i don't think i want to do the dual reverse light.

All money I don't have right now. Partners Xmas shopping habits are expensive:/ Hopefully in the new year though. Think i will go with the ST bumper as i don't have DRL's and the washer jet holes being there already would help

Just to be clear mate you already have washer jet hoses fitted to your car for headlights?

I will be getting rid of the ST bumper i have in the new year and make a post for sale this might happen sooner than i expected too.

• Like 1

Right fellow ford owners on the subject of my car and the on going problem i've been having has finally come to a climax yes indeed, a ford mechanic has now identify the fault causing the strange sound i've been hearing.

The fault is known as clutch whoop, something has failed on the clutch, maybe a spring or bearing, causing the clutch to not engage flat with the flywheel, needless to say this is a major fault and since monday i am without a car. The gearbox needs to be taken out to remove the clutch and flywheel for inspection of the damage done. I am gutted to say the least, don't know what could have caused such a problem but it's costly that's for sure.

Currently awaiting further information from ford and of course my dealership warranty company. I am now a very sad ford owner! considering this is my first ford it's not a good impression luckily for my ride julia i already fell in love with her :lol:

On the bright side though made some progress on the HID setup and i found a way to bypass certain parts on the headlights washer system slashing £200 off the price of this mod! however without the car right now <_< i can't guarantee my plans will work out as intended.

Only the 2 leveling sensors now needed to complete this mod parts wise, £160 each from ford :wacko: (Side note regarding sensors to anyone reading this attempting this mod, ST and RS leveling sensors will not fit regular models) Since most HID equipped cars are ST and RS models (Focus) ford seems like the only option for getting the correct sensors.

Now boys and girls after hours of studying the wiring schematics and working on my car, i have found a way for getting HID working on models without the correct wiring loom, it requires some home made wiring but i believe it can be done! i will dig into this theory some point 2014!

• Like 1

Right fellow ford owners on the subject of my car and the on going problem i've been having has finally come to a climax yes indeed, a ford mechanic has now identify the fault causing the strange sound i've been hearing.

The fault is known as clutch whoop, something has failed on the clutch, maybe a spring or bearing, causing the clutch to not engage flat with the flywheel, needless to say this is a major fault and since monday i am without a car. The gearbox needs to be taken out to remove the clutch and flywheel for inspection of the damage done. I am gutted to say the least, don't know what could have caused such a problem but it's costly that's for sure.

Currently awaiting further information from ford and of course my dealership warranty company. I am now a very sad ford owner! considering this is my first ford it's not a good impression luckily for my ride julia i already fell in love with her :lol:

On the bright side though made some progress on the HID setup and i found a way to bypass certain parts on the headlights washer system slashing £200 off the price of this mod! however without the car right now <_< i can't guarantee my plans will work out as intended.

Only the 2 leveling sensors now needed to complete this mod parts wise, £160 each from ford :wacko: (Side note regarding sensors to anyone reading this attempting this mod, ST and RS leveling sensors will not fit regular models) Since most HID equipped cars are ST and RS models (Focus) ford seems like the only option for getting the correct sensors.

Now boys and girls after hours of studying the wiring schematics and working on my car, i have found a way for getting HID working on models without the correct wiring loom, it requires some home made wiring but i believe it can be done! i will dig into this theory some point 2014!

Ooh my sounds major. Hope it gets sorted soon, esp with this crap weather.

• Like 1

Yeah i know mate this is not the time for such work to be done it sucks

• Like 1

Got two 16" steel for winter, extremely dirty but in superb condition. I have always had a soft spot for these black steel rims they look good on a silver focus. Still trying to source another two though but tbh in no rush, not bad for £30 each

o2iu.jpg
4wg6.jpg
Quick question: does anyone know if it's safe to use alloy wheel nuts for these steel rims? do i need different nuts specific to steel rims?
  • Like 1

Bargain price you got there , just put the two on the front :)

• Like 3

Got two 16" steel for winter, extremely dirty but in superb condition. I have always had a soft spot for these black steel rims they look good on a silver focus. Still trying to source another two though but tbh in no rush, not bad for £30 each

o2iu.jpg

4wg6.jpg

Quick question: does anyone know if it's safe to use alloy wheel nuts for these steel rims? do i need different nuts specific to steel rims?

You could drive a few miles with the 45 degree edged nuts fitted that are designed to sit snugly in to your alloy wheels but ultimately mate you really should use nuts designed to grip around the lip on the steel rim,

Two issues with using nuts for alloys on steel rims,

1. The steel rim will damage/eat in to the rim of the nuts,

2. On heavy impact of an imperfection in the road the steel rim could sheer off the nuts

Pick up some 19mm steel rim nuts in the breakers,

Clean em up with some wd-40

Small bit of copper grease on the bolts

Then on with the nuts

;)

• Like 2

Bargain price you got there , just put the two on the front :)

+1

Put 15" on the front and 18" on the rear

For the proper menacing look

• Like 2

You could drive a few miles with the 45 degree edged nuts fitted that are designed to sit snugly in to your alloy wheels but ultimately mate you really should use nuts designed to grip around the lip on the steel rim,

Two issues with using nuts for alloys on steel rims,

1. The steel rim will damage/eat in to the rim of the nuts,

2. On heavy impact of an imperfection in the road the steel rim could sheer off the nuts

Pick up some 19mm steel rim nuts in the breakers,

Clean em up with some wd-40

Small bit of copper grease on the bolts

Then on with the nuts

;)

Does any steel nuts fit or does it need to be ford specific? are the bolts/studs universal size? think i will get a set from ford TBH because i suspected it needed steel specific nuts due to the difference in thickness of the stud hole lip.

Seriously though i think 16" and 17" will look mean come snow time!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my car

Had myself a long drawn out fight with the warranty company about the cost of repairs to my car and they have refused to cover the cost, the repairs went down as wear and tear and therefore not covered, i had to fork out £1200 for a new clutch and slave cylinder plus a faulty indicator bulb, sad times.

After returning the little fez i had while i argued with the warranty company i went to pick up my car today after repairs had been done and paid that fat bill that put a massive hole in my wallet going into christmas! :(

This was the fez i had, i liked it, smooth and silent

gae6.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

upon collecting my car i trust ford to carry out the work properly of course and i did not inspect the car in great details i rush off to work and now end of the day i truly inspect the car, the bonnet wont open! FFS the key spins in the lock :angry: back to ford tomorrow AGAIN

Bummer mate. Chin up! These warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on in alot of instances.

• Like 1

Things just keep on getting better and better, after a angry argument with the manager at DEES ford in croydon they decided to fix my bonnet lock free of charge, they wanted to charge me £200! and it was clearly working fine when i brought it in.

Tonight on the drive home the car is making a whining sound in 3rd and 4th gear alot louder in 3rd, no idea what it is now i got to face the dealer again tomorrow after our encounter today! unbelieveable :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club