Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,197 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

sounds like mechanical failure unfortunately, could be a knackered injector, but I would say one should only cause a terrible misfire and poor driving at least...

if theres no error codes though, it sounds like there is a loss of fuel or air, maybe spark but I doubt it as much...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

well just to let you know my sister got an injector works and no more hesitation on hers... I would take it back to ford for a full diagnostic...will be even better if you can show the foreman the faults.

#18 phantomthegrand

phantomthegrand

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6tdci

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

Thanks John H i just hope its that simple and its third dealer lucky hopefully. This time they have video, sound recordings, AA engineer report, and a log with a weeks worthoi of daily issues.
Jeebo thanks

#19 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Just play havok on them, say you have been messed around and there is blatently an issue etc

Doing this my sister and her boyfriend managed to wrangle a brand new fiesta as a acourtesy car for free.

In the end ford werent 100% if it was injector and they dont want to be seen making a heavily pregnant lass pay £££ for something she might not require.

So they took it to a few bus fitters at a local depot and they had it 2 mins and said defo injector (benefits of being a bus driver and them working day in, day out with diesels) they managed to get parts and swap it over...now she said it drives awesome.

What they did recommend was putting some injector cleaner in with some premium fuel as 8 times out of 10 its just a dirty injector and a bit of carbon has come loose.

Anyways keep us posted

#20 phantomthegrand

phantomthegrand

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6tdci

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hello again an update on my issues

Third dealer could not replicate or trace fault and went back to basics and changed oil and oil filter. Oil level has risen by a quarter since though! Plus slight misfire returning on warm start.

Got a sample of the old oil tested and very worrying. Lab says main concerns are

TBN three
Viscosity Cst @40º = 36
Iron =100
Traces of fuel in oil

The Lab says all bad signs but cannot comment on effects on specific cars. Any ideas what this is telling me specifically with Focus?1.6tdci?

PTG

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users