Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"twang" Like Noise After Pulling Off Mk2.5

Focus-Jonny

If i start my car and drive off i can hear a noise that sounds like a "twang" it only happens the once after starting the car and seems to happen at the same speed 10-12 mph. Anyone else get this? it sounds like its comming from the pedal box region but couldnt be sure. Im thinking its auto locking doors but the doors can still be opened when i pull up to let someone in :wacko: the noise sounds louder i think, if i accelerate harder to that speed could just be me tho!

car Info: mk2.5 focus 1.6 Ti-Vct petrol 20k miles

• Like 1

Happens on mine. Pretty sure it's the abs test clicking noise your hearing.

Cheers frostman for the reply,

well that a relief! does this happen at a certain speed? i can actualy drive up the road under the speed mentioned for about a minute then accelerate and it will happen.

ABS self test , approx speed is 12 mph when it test's

• Like 1

Glad you mentioned this my 2008 1.6 petrol is the same I was going to book it in for looking at as I still have some warranty left, is this a ford thing because I've never noticed it on any other cars I've owned.

Glad you mentioned this my 2008 1.6 petrol is the same I was going to book it in for looking at as I still have some warranty left, is this a ford thing because I've never noticed it on any other cars I've owned.

It did the same thing on my dad Toyota Avensis.

Does it on my 2008 TDCI also. Many many threads on this on this forum alone, let alone the rest of the internet.

Happy days at least thats cleared up! Not used to all this new technology coming from a 1999 focus! Cheers everyone!

Have this noise myself, always feared it was a drive shaft, suspension or steering rack so I avoided taking it to the mechanics!

Thanks for the info!

Country and Western cd stuck in the stereo maybe?

• Like 1

my 1.8 zetec s does this.

thanks for clearing this up... was a little worried :rolleyes:

@Grahamp

I near spat my drink out reading that! Haha!

Yep , it's the ABS...

I took my car straight back to ford after I heard it..

As soon as I mentioned a noise when I start. He said - is it between 10-15mph ? Yep

Does it happen once when you first drive? Yep

Does it sound like its coming from the pedals ? Yep

It's the ABS doing something (he used a word I can't remember ) but he was very confident and it put my mind at ease..

Thanks for the reply oliverb! people will be at ease now about the issue knowing that ford has confirmed this! :)

• 6 years later...

I twang sound on My 2012 focus when I was driving bout 15mph the next day I noticed the AC light on dash was out and haven’t got any cold air thro fan heater wondering if it is related please