Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Blower Motor Failure

Lockys96

Is this common or what, my car is 2010 April registered so is out of fords warranty by 1 month, the thing is its only done 23,000 miles also.

I have No air flow. You can just feel the coldness but when you change from blower speeds and from say air to front to windscreen nothing at all happens.

Ford say it could be the heater blower motor which would cost 500-600 to fix? Due to its location.

Is this a common failure? My thoughts are that this shouldn't be failing I understand that it should need re-gassing but I don't think these parts should be failing alread.

What is my best way forward from here?

Has anyone had any problems with this

Thanks

Simon

I have not heard of this happening before, but tomorrow I would get on the phone to Ford Customer Relations and log an issue.

Explain how it has been serviced at main dealer from new, and that this part should not fail, especially on a car this new.

Ford may not pay for all, but may 'as goodwill' pay a contribution towards it.

Worth a try

I think the dealer is making assumptions based on visually looking at it, mind you this is a salesman.

I'm a bit hesitant to put it into the dealer.

I can actually hear the blower working however there is no change in airflow.

Is it unlikely that even if a pollen filter is blocked that you would expect some air to come through

Is there something that would keep all the vents closed with everything else working? I've checked all fuses, guess I'm going to ask a local garage to look first as I have owned a lot of cars normally older with no problems like this

Thanks

Have you ever changed the pollen filter? Might be worth changing it for the sake of a couple of quid. I know a common fault on older clios was the resistor pack, no idea if the fiestas have resistor packs but if you google around you may find out.

It just sounds like the air is trying so do the dash only, something is definitely preventing it,

I'll ask a local garage I know tomorrow and see if they think a pollen filter could do this much

I've only had the car for 2 weeks

YouTube pollen filter change for mk7 fiesta it's something that can be checked in a matter of minutes

I'll take a look, the question is,'surely even if it appeared to be blocked should I get any air flow on the recirculate function.

I'd assume recirculating air would pass through the filter but removing the filter is by far the cheapest and easiest option to test first.

If you've only had the car for two weeks did you buy it from a garage , if so take it back and complain

If you've only had the car for two weeks did you buy it from a garage , if so take it back and complain

This definitely seems the first step to me.

Certailnly sounds like a blockage rather than a blower failure.

Problem being its an ex lease car and purchased from well known bca

I know the company however you would expect it to have been replaced at last service at 18000 miles.

Magically sorted after pollen filter, can't believe it.

Must have been the original 3year old one .

Air back straight away and cost me £9 done myself

And I bet fords would have said they blower needed replacing.

And they would probably have changed it (the blower motor) and maybe changed the filter whilst doing it !

Bit like when the AA said twice that I needed a new battery and Fords changed the alternator instead.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club