Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parts To Salvage Off A Focus V Reg Ghia?

zetec4

Mates scrapping a car tomorrow its finished, its a v reg focus ghia in dark blue, dents and laquer peel on all panels, front tyres gone, seems rear flexi hose has a weep, and crack in screen, stll has mot for a few months though!

scrappy will probably give £140, and what else could we salvage, bearing in mind the car needs to be driven onto the ramp,

or would it be better to sell whole as spares repairs?

its a petrol 1.8 ghia

Strip the interior, door cards and seats if in good condition.

Being a ghia i'd assume it's at least half leather?

Dash trim and centre console are quite sought after by MK1 owners for upgrading.

Headlight clusters are usually worth a good £40 quid each as well as rear lights as well, i also guess she has fogs they could be worth a bit, anything that's hard to come by or expensive otherwise and like super Clive said as its a Ghia the interior is all worth a fair amount, also consider alloy wheels if they are fitted and in reasonable condition, front bumper grilles and panels, maybe even a good quality ford badge from the rear would be of some sort of resale value, also if it has the key entry bonnet the badge and mechanism may well be worth something, and the radio might help somebody trying to sell on another car who doesn't have a stock radio to fill the gap.

Nope it's a v reg if it makes any difference but there's no half leathers or alloys,

Probably get £150 from scrappys, hoping to get another £150 possibly, so far I've got boot struts, lamps all around, parcel shelf, Bonnet mech

Airbags? Steering wheel, radio, centre console, wing mirrors, dipstick, car battery in there so £4 extra for that,

What are the common part failures?

Nope it's a v reg if it makes any difference but there's no half leathers or alloys,

Probably get £150 from scrappys, hoping to get another £150 possibly, so far I've got boot struts, lamps all around, parcel shelf, Bonnet mech

Airbags? Steering wheel, radio, centre console, wing mirrors, dipstick, car battery in there so £4 extra for that,

What are the common part failures?

You could have a go at the dashboard, i would leave the airbags to be honest, perhaps take the horn out, leave the dipstick, maybe plastic door trims on the outside, and boot lid fixtures, the plastic and carpet from the boot floor, in fact maybe even the entire rear and front bumpers if your feeling brave, gear stick gaiter and knob, handbrake lever wiper motors and mechanisms, indicator stalks, list if fairly endless, let rip there is money to be made here.

The door/boot locks, ECU and ignition barrel/transponder ring are always useful as they go for a reasonable price for a matching set.

The door/boot locks, ECU and ignition barrel/transponder ring are always useful as they go for a reasonable price for a matching set.

tell you what else the fuse box with a full set of fuses might earn you some ££s you will have to report back on what kind of money you make once you have sold all of your parts.

I would say just strip everything, give them only the Shell of the car... You can have some companies will take the Shell of the car for free but you could make a mint on the rest of the pieces...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club