4 replies to this topic

#1 smartestsmarty

smartestsmarty

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK5 and KA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hello all,

I purchased a Ford Fusion, everything is great with the car, but the rear boot will not open without manually inserting the key.

I can't open it by pressing the button on the key fob, or the button inside the car.

Can anyone give me any suggestions why this might be? and how to fix it?

Also, if anyone could tell me where the fuse box is and the fuse number for the boot, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 hubby1959

hubby1959

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK 2
  • Year: 1999

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

It sounds like a fuse, (Sorry can't help you with that one), or possibly the boot release solenoid that's at fault, the only way to tell is to get to the electrics at the solenoid and use a test meter to see if there is power to it when the dash button or remote button are pressed

#3 Gombal

Gombal

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Name: Arjen
  • Ford Model: Fusion
  • Year: 2004
Contributor

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

The fusebox is behind the glovecompartment, open the glovecompartment, push the sides in en open it further. At the back of the glovecompartment is a sticker with the fuseplan. (At least thats the fact on a LHD vehicle, guessing it's the same in a RHD ;) )

#4 apn

apn

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Paul

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Have exactly the same problem with the wifes car (it may be my daily runner a-b/work mule soon so I will try and get round to fixing all the stuff she doesn't tell me about until black smoke is coming out of it). Think it must be the solenoid in my case as you can hear the 'schnick' (or whatever sound a solenoid makes) but it's too weak to pop the boot. Any ideas how to find it? Presumably in the spare wheel well or thereabouts?

#5 Gombal

Gombal

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Name: Arjen
Contributor

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

If you look at the picture it looks like there's a electric motor in the boot lid itself.

So the easiest thing to do is remove the plastic on the inside, close the boot while sitting in the boot and try to open it with the knob/remote control key.

If anything moves you can see what is happening.

Attached Thumbnails

• Klep.jpg

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users