Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 St Boost/gauge Pod Android (Completed)

Preee

looking forward to the outcome!

come on Paul, sort it out - i cant wait for the end result!

come on Paul, sort it out - i cant wait for the end result!

Haha Sal , been on nights i'm knackered , i'll go and take a few pics of the setup i have done and what it should look like in the old pod gauge that i have , still need to find a way to secure it in the actual pod , i like clive's idea of the putty.

Heres the phone

20130614_182255.jpg

20130614_182234.jpg

20130614_181904.jpg

20130614_182010.jpg

The Pod and how it looks , first pics a bit blurred sorry

20130614_182150.jpg

20130614_182938.jpg

that looks very impressive.

that looks very impressive.

So Sal , when are you going to do your install?

That is looking very flash indeed.

Thanks Clive , i'm really looking forward to the fitting , Torque Pro is fantastic and opened up a world of Possiblities.

This would also be a good fit for the Mk2 pod as it's slightly bigger

So Sal , when are you going to do your install?

Paul, my phone contract is due in July i think so am looking at getting a free Samsung galaxy tab 2 from carphone warehouse! i wanted the nexus but thats in only available in brown!

i now have a dashboard pocket and have just purchased another pod trim so trying to give myelf a few options.

i want to use the whole tablet with the torque/satnav app so will see how things play out.

main issues are keeping the tab charged/connected - what are your plans for this?

Hi Sal

Charging , i have a mini USB adapter that plugs into a 12V aux , you can then set the Tab/Phone along with Torque Pro to Switch on with Power , works great everytime. I will hard wire this when i'm 100% happy with the pod.

I have today installed the Pod , looks fantastic for a first fit , although i'm not totally happy with it , the corner sits on the inner air vent pushing it up on the one side , this also kicked the screen angle back a bit and i get some windscreen glare on the screen , it would be fine at night time.

So i will sit and enjoy it for a while before i decide how i'm going to sort the angle , i may remove it from its case. i set up three four screens i can rotate through , not sure if heat will be a problem the damn radio generates alot of heat.

Here it is in all it's Glory :)

• Like 1

Here it is in all it's Glory :)

OMG!!

That is fantastic mate,

You should start making and selling these,

So much information in the pod blows fords stock gauge setup out of the water mate.

Top respect brother.

I'm very Gel.

2.5bar boost gauge and everything.

Speaking of pressiure, you have to fit the ST body kit now to finish it off ;)

Cheers Lenny , you can set the Min/Max for every gauge , change size , colour etc etc , torque Pro is an excellent App.

No to sure about fitting the body kit , i prefer the tech side to appearence side of Modding :) and if the body kits on the outside i can't see it while driving haha.

Foci can't you see the video ?

20130615_172431.jpg

20130615_171156.jpg

• Like 1

No can't see the video but may be my iPad.

Paul, that is fantastic. really liking that, hats of to you my friend. i hoped to work on my car today but got stuck on looking for a motor for the wife...thankfully she has now chosen a 206 so i can get some free time soon!

Thanks Sal , i still have not been for a night drive yet haha to see what it looks like.

If you get a 1.4 HDI , make sure you have a good listen to it , those damn injectors cost a fortune if they fail , also the Diesel pump soleniods are problematic , and a nightmare to get too.

Paul you need to let someone else drive it so that you can have a play with the settings

i'm sooo envious of what you have achived.

gonna mke a GTR gauge/tablet pod now as i have a spare pod and dash pocket....

post-28472-0-48498000-1371416413_thumb.j

post-28472-0-22766500-1371416414_thumb.j

Pree that is one slick looking set up. Nicely done and it looks the business.

I totally agree with you about Torque Pro. It's a really good app and well worth the money. Another alternative would be to mount an android tablet and connect it to Torque Pro as Sal mentioned. I reckon that would be equally interesting.

looking slick mate! shame that Torque Pro cant cycle the pages, then you could have 5 gauges per window, and then scroll onto the next five... shame also that you cant easily access it to do the ECU error check, but hey, its a fantastic idea, and looks immense!

The screens on Torque Pro will scroll but obviously you need to be able to touch the screen.

Maube no plastic in the front of the pod and a long stylus pen?

Paul you need to let someone else drive it so that you can have a play with the settings

i'm sooo envious of what you have achived.

gonna mke a GTR gauge/tablet pod now as i have a spare pod and dash pocket....

attachicon.gifgtr dials.jpg

attachicon.gifgtr dials 2.jpg

That looks a great idea Sal , when i reset the screen to the correct angle i'll put my phone on record via thescreen mount

Pree that is one slick looking set up. Nicely done and it looks the business.

I totally agree with you about Torque Pro. It's a really good app and well worth the money. Another alternative would be to mount an android tablet and connect it to Torque Pro as Sal mentioned. I reckon that would be equally interesting.

Thanks Hassen , Torque Pro is great , theres not many place's to mount stuff on the focus and i did not want the hassle of taking a pod in/out , but a simple mount like Sal has shown would be ideal.

looking slick mate! shame that Torque Pro cant cycle the pages, then you could have 5 gauges per window, and then scroll onto the next five... shame also that you cant easily access it to do the ECU error check, but hey, its a fantastic idea, and looks immense!

Hi Jeeb , i can scroll through different pages i have set up as i have access to the touch screen of the phone , i have set torque pro to auto check for error's , i would of course liked a bigger area for the screen , but i'm real happy with the OEM looking pod :)

aaah not bad then, I thought it had a front screen, so you couldnt do that! good thing is you can stick a GPS tracker on your phone as well, so if your cars knicked, and if you dont have a tracker, you have a form of resilliance!

as to autocheck, didnt know torque could do that!

• Like 1

aaah not bad then, I thought it had a front screen, so you couldnt do that! good thing is you can stick a GPS tracker on your phone as well, so if your cars knicked, and if you dont have a tracker, you have a form of resilliance!

as to autocheck, didnt know torque could do that!

Yes jeeb it can auto check and auto clear if you want it too.

Yes i could add a sim in there and turn the gps on and track it , not sure of the battery charge then though as it would need more power , and then charging always take's longer via car chargers , and i don't want to leave perm power to it or keep having to take it out to switch it back on , but yes a good idea though.

i've got an app called prey that is a security feature and can tell you where your phone is and can take pics too. might be worthwhile if you do decide to use the GPS function.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club