Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8Tdci Judders On Starting

mjt

Hi,

My 03-plate 1,8Tdci has begun to judder briefly as it fires up when starting. This has been gradually getting worse. The car is coming up to 100K miles and has been regularly serviced, mainly by a Ford garage. The last service was at an independant in April when the fuel filter was changed and I fitted a complete set of new glow plugs last September. It doesn't shake unduly when it's turned off and seems to run as sweetly as it ever did. Any suggestions as to the cause would be appreciated.

Any ideas, anyone?? :unsure:

Btw, I forgot to mention that I don't use supermarket fuel and I've started putting Millers in recently.

sounds like it could be a worn engine mount. Supermarket fuel may be clogging your fuel filter a little more than usual disrupting smooth fuel flow, millers should be helping to combat that though.

Is the car fine otherwise?

Like I said I don't use supermarket fuel and the filter was changed during the service in April and apart from the shudder it runs as well as ever.

The engine mount sounds a possibility. Thanks. I'll get them checked out.

Apologies, I completely misread that! in that case, engine mount is a good starting point, but I too noticed my engine is rather shakey at startup and idle, I wouldnt be surprised if mine are too on the way out!

No worries. The engine mounts are something that just never occurred to me so thanks for drawing my attention to them.

no problem, well let us know how it goes!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club