Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Titanium Esp

Smokey01

I have a new Titanium and notice I do not see ESP in the menu system as per the manual. I presume Fiesta's have it as standard now? Do others have the menu item?

hi nicky I have a 2013 titanium x. Its in my menu just check again to make sure yours george

Hi I have checked and re-checked but the option is not there. I suppose I don't particularly want to turn it off but would like to see the option there as the manual says it should be. Make's me wonder if ESP is not working on my car!

Is it a new shape MK 7.5 Fiesta? ESP is only shown on the menu with new shape. There is no option to switch it off with the previous MK 7 (pre 2013)

Yes it is a brand new Fiesta delivered last Friday, new shape, new front grill etc. I've got Traction Control, Hill start Assist and the other menu items mentioned in the user manual but no ESP.

Interesting!

I get my new one in a couple of weeks and will take another look. Personally I would be happy with ESP to stay on in my new Titanium and only turn traction control off if needed in deep snow etc so that the car will actually move.

Thanks. I will be happy enough if the menu item is not there as long as it is not there for everyone with a new Fiesta. But if I am the only one then it may imply that ESP is not there or is not working properly on my car.

Is it a new shape MK 7.5 Fiesta? ESP is only shown on the menu with new shape. There is no option to switch it off with the previous MK 7 (pre 2013)

Prefacelift Zetec S models had a button below the heater controls to switch it off, all others it was a case of removing the fuse.

Traction control is ESP

Should be under vehicle options on the radio menu, and it should be the top box to check on it, if it's not there then have a word with the dealer, they should be able to help.

Should be under vehicle options on the radio menu, and it should be the top box to check on it, if it's not there then have a word with the dealer, they should be able to help.

post-5052-0-65662300-1370027596_thumb.jp

Aye that's the doodad.

Thanks Willy, your menu items look like mine so I will presume all is OK

Hi,

IMHO ESP is not the same as traction control, it is an advance on traction control.

This is what the ford website says about it on the Focus:

Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) constantly monitors your vehicle’s progress. It senses any deviations from your chosen driving line, such as if you start to skid, and automatically corrects your road position, helping you keep control of the car.
The system is always active, but you now have the option to switch to the ‘Reduced assistance’ mode, which helps in slippery traction situations, like deep snow. ESP also incorporates Traction Control, to eliminate excessive wheel spin and give you the best possible grip, performance and stability, just when you need it most.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Focus/Safetyanddriverassistance

Jim